Here the Shadows Lie 5-6

Chapter 5 Regrets

I woke up that morning forgetting who I was. Was I still Alexa Lilith Marter? Or was I someone totally different? Surprisingly, Damian didn't randomly come out of nowhere to answer that question. Then all the memories of last night flooded my mind, the hatred I felt for my parents, the auburn, and even myself.

Of course my window was open, and I was already chilled to the bone.

"He could have at least had the decency to close the window, that insensitive jerk," I growled under my breath.

I wrapped myself in my blanket, and hopped over to the window. I peeked out to see a light snow drizzle from the malicious looking clouds. Feeling my face turn numb, I stepped back, and closed the window. I skittishly tripped back into bed, I kept telling myself that I wasn't going down those stairs, and I wouldn't confront any of them, because Valerie might have seen what had happened that night.

Speak of the devil, Lori started to pound on my door.

"We would like for you to join us for breakfast," she stated tensely from the outside of my room.

A likely story, Lori tended to be an extremely bad liar. "Why?" I asked in an immature fashion," so you can question me like I'm some sort of juvenile delinquent? Hm... tempting, but no thanks, I'll pass."

Lori slammed her fist into the door," Unlock this door, and come downstairs right now!"

I moaned I didn't want to tell them anything, so that would be my game plan, to lie, and hope for the best. It's too bad I suck at lying.

I trudged down the stairs with a murderous look on my face," What do you want?" I questioned Lori, not forgetting that I was completely pissed off. To my surprise Mark was the one, who answered me,

"We want to know what you did to Valerie."

I bit my lip in utter frustration; they think I did something to my sister?!

"What do you mean what did I do, for all you two know, she could have had a nightmare."

Lori turned beet red," No, you did something. She's been traumatized all night, and keeps whimpering about some bad person, and how's it's trying to kill her."

Suddenly concerned I asked if I could see her.

They gave me grave faces," No, you've done enough here. You've hurt us enough."

A deep sadness, yet a severe rage filled inside of me," I've hurt you; because you're accusing me of hurting Valerie, which by the way wasn't me! That is ridiculous!"

A lump was forming in the back of my throat, and I could feel hot tears from the anguish built up inside of me.

Lori, this time calmer, answered," All we want to know is what happened to Valerie."

Trying to think of any way of avoiding this didn't work, so I had no choice but to tell the truth, even if it was the partial truth. "Yesterday night some guy pulled us into an alley, and threatened to kill Valerie and me until I got loose of him."

Their faces changed from anger to blindly shocked," Are you alright Alexa?" I heard them both ask, but it sounded like it was from a distance.

I have them a shaky," I'm....fine." and ran upstairs.

My hand automatically locked the door, as I jumped onto my bed. My face was confronting the ceiling, while tears slid down in the opposite directions of my face. I had never felt so defeated, unwanted in my life. My sister was in a severe mental state, my parents thought I was some delinquent child, and where the hell was Damian?