Here the Shadows Lie 9-10

Ok sooo sorry about the wait! It took me forever to get a decent chapter up, but I really hope you guys enjoy this. Oh and before I forget, if anyone has ever heard of Owl City, well I didn't like them at first, but then I heard this song and it was really good. It's called Vanilla Twilight. Give it a shot if you haven't already heard it, you might like or not, but I was listening to it when I was writing this. Hope you like it! <3 Rachael

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JE0HovpAzw

Chapter 9*

You're Kidding Right?

Damian was officially, without a doubt, insane. There was no way in hell that I was going to even attempt to do that.

" Come on, this is the basic stuff. Just watch my movements again."

He ran back to the brick wall on the other side of the room. His feet traveled at a crazy speed, as he ran closer to where I was standing. Damian immediately jumped into the air gracefully. Moving his body in the air, he quickly pelted downwards into the ground. And when I mean into the ground, I mean physically dissolved into the ground. The only thing that was left of him was his faded shadow which was hard to see.

I fell back into the sofa," I'm not going to do it."

Damian emerged from the wooden floorboard with his pale arms crossed.

"And why not?"

"Hmm..." I made a dramatic pause," because it's insane!"

He scoffed," You're being ridiculous. It's easy, and it can also help you defend yourself when I'm not around."

I didn't think about that, and the demonic image of Sage flashed through my mind. I had never been so scared in my life, and what if Damian was actually right? Dud I need defensive skills in case I got into another situation like this weekend? All these ideas coursed through my mind at a rapid pace, when they were shattered by the sound of his voice.

"So, are you going to at least attempt it? Or what, we don't exactly have all day."

I glared at him, shot off from the sofa, and stormed over to the other end of the lodge. I swore I could hear him chuckling behind me. This was going to end up in one of two ways, either I was going to fail miserably, and land on my face again. Or I would succeed, and not be able to get out from the floorboards. I was hoping for the first one.

My spine sent shivers down my back in segments, why was I doing this? My lavender eyes met the brick wall as I took a deep breath.

I was not going to screw up.

I was going to screw up.

I mentally slapped myself," I can do this, I'm going to show up Damian."

I turned around with a severely determined look on my face, and started to sprint towards the middle. I didn't even bother glance at Damian, he was probably laughing at me with those crystal grey eyes, and gorgeous expression.

Oh shut up! You don't like him, get it through your thick skull!

I shook it off immediately noticing that I was at the jumping point. I made my move, hurdling into the air. It was not exactly as graceful as Damian's jump, but not horrible either. Those couple seconds I was in the air seemed like forever, I pictured a pool to make it easier for me. I could see the cool, blue water beneath me, as I dived in head first.

I felt as if I actually landed in the water without getting wet, and being able to breathe. I opened my eyes to see darkness surrounding me. I gazed up, and saw a glass looking window that stretched as long as the wooden floor. I must have made it.