Here the Shadows Lie chapter 26

Chapter 26

The Council

Alexa's POV

I woke up to a bright light shining on my face that felt as if it was burning my eyelids. I stirred from my uncomfortable sleep on the rugged cot noticing the soreness in my chest. My body physically got up anyways to close the curtains, and hope that I could possibly get back to sleep, though it was unlikely. I walked over to the curtains on the other side of the room not noticing Damian's body beneath me, and before I knew it I toppled over him, landing on his chest.

"Ugh! Alexa!" he groaned while my body was still on top of him.

"Sorry I didn't see you," I told him truthfully still lying on his hard chest.

Damian gazed up at me and moaned covering his face from the light shining in," Do you enjoy waking me up in the middle of the night and plummeting onto my ribs?"

I blushed fiercely scrambling to get off him, but miserably fell again hurting myself.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to I was just trying to close the curtains since it was really bright out."

Damian sat up, and lifted me off his body easily which made me blush even more.

"Well...this is actually a decent thing. Not that you landed on me; that was painful. But we really should get going this is a good time to start heading towards Elderaana."

Elderaana? I thought we were going to see the Council!? I thought very confused.

"What happened to meeting the Council?" I asked defensively hoping that he wouldn't take it the wrong way.

Damian stood up, and stretched his hand towards me," Elderaana is where the Council lives," he said while I took his hand gratefully.

"Will I have to walk?" my voice dropped into a grave tone.

He smirked," I can only transport us...half way there."

I muttered random curses under my breath," I have to walk," I stated flatly.

Damian closed his eyes, and shook with the snickers from under his breath, while I just tilted my head back asking the air why I was stuck with him.

I took one last glance of the ritual house that surrounded me. The creaky wooden floorboards that squeaked every time someone would step on them, the royal purple drapes that blocked some of the light coming through the large windows, and the candles that illuminated the room as dark as it might have been in the omnipresent building. I had a strange impression that something important had happened in this ritual house, something that connected to me in some way, because I felt a presence of history that had to do with me in some shape or form.

It was an awkward sensation, but Damian squeezed my hand a little motioning that I should wake from my daze to get moving. I hesitated, still eyeing the familiar area around us, but eventually looked up to Damian's eyes meeting mine. We both turned away quickly to prevent the awkwardness that would soon come after that though our hands were still clasped together.

He didn't give me a sign or warning that he was transporting, because he must have figured that I would know the drill by then, which was true in a sense. So when I felt the iciness nipping at my feet and nose, I blocked out my eyesight as my lids closed. The only thing I felt was coldness and the electricity pulsing from Damian's hand that sent tingles throughout my whole body keeping it composed. Our feet landed instantaneously on a grassy surface that reached up to my knees from the ground. I observed the long golden grass beneath my feet. It wasn't the color of dead grass like that gross brown color, but more vibrant and more beautiful than green grass. It glittered in the dull sunlight that shined a rather reddish tint, which hurt my eyes at first from looking at it too long. The trees were not green like I expected them to be, but more of the coloring of a maple tree, except much bigger vertically.