Here the Shadows Lie chapter 27

I'm dedicating this chapter to Vicky! Thank you so much for the comments!!!!!! :)

Chapter 27

A Weak Species

Kairos's 3rd POV

Kairos stared deeply into the creature's blue, innocent eyes searchingly.

"And what is your name dear one?" he said soothingly hiding his true self.

The tiny girl shuffled her feet and gazed down from his stare," Valerie...Marter sir."

He watched the little girl squirm uncomfortably searching for Nia who was at the doors waiting for her. Her golden locks fell in curls around her round face that flushed crimson from embarassment. Kairos waved her closer, and she was hesistant but eventually followed his motions. She then stood closely in front of his crippled body not wanting to look at the old man's face.

He was intrigued by the little girl, so small and fragile. He knew he could kill her in a second without a care in the world. Yet, it was such a waste! Kairos never had seen a human before, and Valerie Marter would be his newest experiment.

" Ok Valerie Marter, do you know a girl named Alexa Lilith?" he asked gently trying not to frighten her.

Her blue eyes turned wide when the name was mentioned," She's my sister, but I haven't seen her in awhile. Do you know where she went?" the child wondered out loud.

Kairos played along," No I don't, I was hoping you did. You see, I know Alexa very well and I wouldn't want anything to happen to her. She was supposed to come here with you, but I guess she took the wrong path." He paused for a minute to let the little girl soak in his lie. His sensitive ears heard Nia growling in the back knowing too well of his plan.

Valerie shook her bouncy curls," Nuh uh! My sister is smart she wouldn't take a wrong path. I bet you she'll be here soon don't you worry mister."

The old man couldn't help but chuckle at her. He didn't understand the innocence she had until now.

" Well, I hope you're right my dear one, but for now we wait until your sister arrives. So you'll stay with Nia, is that alright?" he made it sound like he actually cared for the child.

Valerie only nodded happily,"Are my parents coming with her?"

Kairos could see Nia coming towards them when he held up his hand to her. She swore under her breath angrily. He could see that she was becoming too attached for his own liking. Kairos answered the child truthfully enough," No. They are not coming to this place. They took a much different path than you and your sister. I doubt you will see them again."

He saw the child's eyes well up in tears, and her teeth bite her lip.

"But mommy and daddy....they wouldn't do that! You're lying!" She cried pointing at the man frustrated.

He started to become impatient," I am certaintly not lying young one. Nia will take you to your room now. Goodbye."

Nia was behind the child in a second, and picked her up as she cried into Nia's shoulder. A nasty glare was given to the old man, but he didn't care enough to look back. He knew what he would use the human for now, and it would surely bring him Alexa. The bond between the human child and Alexa Lilith was great, and Alexa wouldn't leave her sister to an untimely death. So he would threathen her with the life of her precious human. She would come to him, or her so called "sister" would be killed. She wouldn't be able to resist, and in a month she would unleash her true powers that is when he would start his attack.

If anything was to be done he had to do it himself, and he just did perfectly.

**********************************************************