Here the Shadows Lie 15-16

Chapter 15

Erratic Dreams or Rather Nightmares

Alexa's POV

It was dark, pitch black, and everything was surrounded in the darkness. I observed the area around me as best as I could, but it was impossible to see.

" Strange isn't it Alexa..." a voice echoed, " how you are a Shadow, but you adapted to the human world, so....easily.

"Who are you..." I shuddered, not knowing who, or what I was conversing with.

Footsteps were drawing closer to where I was standing, a hand brushed up against my fragile skin.

It burned like an ember that had been extremely close to my cheek.

" Oh...you know who I am. Or at least I would hope so, I'm very popular now a days, or so it seems," masculine voice teased slyly.

I was frozen in place, not that I was going to go anywhere. A pair of piercing red eyes were filled in the obscurity of the room.

And then I knew that this was exactly like the nightmare I had had on Friday. The one with the crimson red eyes. Only it was more than one person, and he never talked to me.

" Come on Alexa, I'm disappointed that you don't know who I am," the agonizing, vermilion colored eyes said.

A shiver was sent down my spine, I had an idea of who it was, but I didn't want to be right.

"Mhm... I think that I should give you a hint, do you think that would be fair?" his intriguing voice lurred.

Too shaken up to even respond, I gestured a stuttering nod hoping he would get the memo.

Then a screech filled my head, causing my eyes to roll into the back of my head. I saw my dreams, nightmares, and even Damian came up several times. I screamed in agony as my mind jolted from one place to another, then the voices made themselves present. Only they were mocking Damian's own voice.

"His.....name is Kairos, which means soul demon."

Then I understood who I was in the darkness with. It was him.

My eyes rolled back into my eye sockets, and my head shot up involuntarily, causing my neck to crack painfully. I was kneeling on the hard floor now as bile was rising up my throat. Luckily, I was able to keep it down, and save myself the humilation of being a coward. I hung my head low to the ground, and shuddered when I noticed a tall, built body in front of me, standing there.

"I presume you understand now. Right?"

I managed a weak nod to his fake kindness. How did I even get into this?

" Now listen closely, you are going to come to me if you like it or not. Because if you don't, your precious "human" family will be killed merciless, understand?"

I glared towards him, and spit at his feet.

" And you can go to hell, because you are not touching them."

Kairos smirked evily, and stepped on my hand hard.

I howled in pain, pulling my hand from the sole of his shoe.

" Oh, believe me. By the time I am through with you, you will be wishing for death."

Tears stung my face, as I held my hand against my chest. Kairos vanished, and I shot up from my bed.

Another dream?

I had to be sure. I checked my left hand, and felt a shooting pain go through it. It was covered in black and blue, and was swollen horribly. I had never been so confused in my life. I was on my bed, woke up, but got hurt within my head? I didn't know what kind of stunt Kairos was trying to pull on me, but he was sure as hell not hurting my family. Though I couldn't fight against him without being killed, and the only person, or rather Shadow that could help me would be Damian.