Here the Shadows Lie 7-8

Chapter 7

Stitches

Stitches...they made me get stitches. After I cleaned up the blood and glass that was on my floor from the fight, Lori came upstairs to check on me. Let's just say that I had to make up some really confusing excuses of why there was a huge gash on my face. She told me to drive myself to hospital and make sure it wasn't infected or anything. I did, and they made me get ten friggin stitches in my face! They didn't even numb me! Though that wasn't the worst of it. Stitches was Sunday, Monday was school.

I hated Mondays. From the waking up in the dead of morning, and dragging myself to that god forsaken school, it was not exactly what someone would call fun. I walked downstairs, and didn't even take the breakfast that was on the table for me. I dressed in layers of clothes, and headed out into the coldness of winter.

It was still dark out, which was a good thing for me, because I loved the darkness for some reason. But to make things worse, the wind was piercing the gash on my face, making it painful to move farther into the wind. Then I remembered as I got to my car, Lori took my keys.

I slammed my fist on the car door," You have got to be kidding me!"

This was getting ridiculous, and I refused to catch the Metro. I was not getting on that disgusting bus, even if Lori paid me. I had to get my keys back, and I knew exactly what to do.

I thought about where Lori would hide my keys, and immediately thought of her top dresser in their room. A swift chill took my whole body away from the outside, as I returned into my house. I rummaged through her drawer, and lifted my keys from the bottom. I smiled in a devious satisfaction, she couldn't stop me now.

I transported back to my car, and got in. I started the car, knowing that Lori could hear my car turn on. I didn't care though, I was in enough trouble already, so screw it. I still had a half an hour before I needed to be at school, so I decided to get something to eat. I parked in the parking lot of a little café, but then I checked my wallet for money. I was broke.

I cursed under my breath, why did everything have to happen to me? I couldn't take it anymore, I was going to get my freaking breakfast if it killed me. I transported into the back of the bakery unseen. I saw that only one person was working in the shop this early in the morning, so I would be safe. I snatched two sesame seed bagels, and smothered them with plain cream cheese. Then I saw the worker coming into the back where I was.

"Crap..." I muttered, as she was getting closer. I hid beside a metal counter, hoping she wouldn't see me, and I wasn't about to leave now, I needed a coffee! I transported to the other side of the room, so she wouldn't see me. Then the worst happened, I felt the all too familiar chill. I was in some deep shit.

Damian transported in front of me, and grabbed my arm. He didn't say a word, he just transported away with me. Thank God I was still holding those bagels. Surprisingly, he transported us into my car; I was in the passenger's seat, and he was in the driver's seat. Damian backed out of the parking lot, and started to drive.

There was a deep silence that filled the car, and Damian didn't even dare to look at me, or acknowledge me at all. To me that was a good thing, but I couldn't keep the silence for long. I looked down at my nicely made bagels, and gestured one to him,

" You want one?" I said quietly, fearing his reaction.

He glared at me," I don't want your fucking bagel, you stole it."

It felt like I was bit by the words he said, but I tried to shrug it off. I was just about to take a bite of my bagel. I took a bite, and then realized nothing was in my hand.