Here the Shadows Lie 13-14

Chapter 13

Unexplainable

Alexa's POV

My ears were ringing uncontrollably, and my head was buried into my arms, trying to block out the voices that filled my head.

They were endless, and every word was like drilling a deep hole in my skull. It had been close to an hour since Damian had left, and the voices hadn't ceased in the tiniest increment. They yelled at me like I was Satan himself, wanting to kill everyone on the Earth.

" Please..." I whispered frantically," leave me alone..."

The voices's high pitched laughter was unbearable to my eardrums,

"No, we need you! Come to us...we'll save you from this place."

I thrashed my head, and covered my ears," Get out of my head!"

" Never..." they all whispered at different times.

Then a loud screech filled my head, keeling my body over from the extreme pain. It honestly felt like I was about to explode.

I screamed in agony as crimson fluid dripped from my ears, staining my shirt. I smacked my head against the plaster wall, just wanting them to stop for only a moment, a second, anything.

" Please," I sobbed into my bare arms, pleading with my own mind.

"Just leave me alone...."

Then a deep chill entered into my room, suppressing the wracking sobs that came from my chest to an extent.

Then miraculously the demonic voices were fading back into my mind.

" Alexa?" someone whispered in a concerned tone.

I was still weeping loudly in my isolated corner, not caring who was talking to me. All I knew was that the voices had finally stopped, and all that was left was a severe migraine.

I had won. Or at least for now I did.

"Alexa? Alexa Lilith, answer me please. Are you alright?" a worried voice trembled from a farther distance.

I just cried louder not knowing how to respond to that question. Was I ok?

No, I wasn't. I was so confused that I didn't know how to even define the word, ok, anymore.

Footsteps shuffled towards my shaken body, and something plied my head from my pale arms. I gazed up into his crystal grey eyes full of confusion, and another emotion that I couldn't quite make out from the blurry tears filling my bloodshot eyes.

All I could manage was an almost silent whisper,

"Help me...make them stop."

Damian kneeled in front of me, soothing the soft vibrations of my shaking,

"What...? Alexa, you're bleeding. Who did this to you?"

I stared at him, then at the blue liquid elixir that was in his hand. That was going to save Lori, and he was worrying about me. I was worrying about myself. I was selfish.

"It doesn't matter, go help Lori," I murmured, sitting myself up in my corner.

"But..." but I cut him off.

"Go, please. She's more important."

He nodded," Go clean yourself off, we'll discuss this after I help your foster mother."

I sighed quietly, my breath still shaking. Damian was already at Lori's side, feeding her the strange looking liquid. I came as close as I physically thought I could, without being able to hurt her again.