Here the Shadows Lie chapter 23

WARNING!!!!! THERE IS BLOOD, and a bit of detailed death. If you have a problem with murder I suggest you don't read this. Sorry! <3 Rachael

Chapter 23

An Ending for Them, A Beginning for Her

Alexa's POV

I was in school. Sitting in the back of the classroom with my iPod in my pocket, and my ear pieces hidden under my long, dark hair just as my lavender eyes were. The music helped me to leave the world I was trapped in, and give me a reason to relax and refocus myself. Though it only worked for so long, then reality would crash itself into my head causing a severe migraine of hate, sorrow, and longing. There was nothing left for me, and if nothing was there then my life was meaningless. I didn't care about anything anymore. Not school or my grades, not my appearance though it didn't matter anyways, not even my family who ignored the sheer fact that I existed. And I didn't care for...him. Damian....it hurt to say his name, made it very apparent that I wasn't important in his life, so he made the decision of taking me out of it, and not showing his face for three and a half weeks.

Though when I thought about it, it was his decision. He decided to leave, he decided that I couldn't transport anymore, he decided that I should live a normal life, he decided everything! Was there nothing that my decision made impact on anymore?

I didn't care what he had said, I was ready to make my own decisions, my own rules, and since he wasn't there to guide me he couldn't stop me either.

"Ms. Marter!" I heard in the nearby distance.

I gazed up from the lowliness of my desk to stare at Mr. Brady's reddened face.

"What... do you want?" I growled, making everyone who was around me gasp, and start whispering about the loner girl having an attitude.

"Excuse me? I've had enough of your distractions and personal problems; I'm giving you a detention."

And that's when I whispered loud enough for everyone to hear," Over my dead body."

Then I transported out of my seat, right in the middle of literature.

Whoops....sorry Damian. Did I not follow your rules? Not like you'd care anyways!

It felt good to finally break free, and release all the lust for the movement trapped inside of me. I hated the feeling of being restrained from what I really was, which was a feeling I never knew before a month ago. My eyes finally shot open when my feet reached a hard, snowy surface.

I was in the forest again, the one that was burned down. I examined everything around me noticing that most of the trees were a white, ashy color from the burning. Some of them fell down in piles other stood up, but were obviously dead. Pure, erratic destruction, and of course it was the work of Sage if anyone. I walked a bit aimlessly, knowing that the cabin was gone, and anywhere near home wasn't safe for me. People would be asking questions, asking how I just vanished out of my seat, and I would have no answer for them. To me, they didn't need one.

My feet crunched the hardened snow beneath me as I wondered what Damian would have said if he was there. He would probably start on how stupid, and childish that was, and how that would ruin everything my foster parents built for me, blah blah blah. I wouldn't have transported out of my classroom if he didn't tell me not to. He giving me instructions made it even more entertaining to disobey.

With that I trudged through the snow waiting for something to happen. I didn't know exactly what I was waiting for, but then again to me it didn't matter. I just needed to get away from the fakeness of it all. I wasn't human, so why was I on Earth? Why wasn't I in the Shadow Dimension like every other Shadow? Those were the things that were coursing my mind while my face turned numb from the bitter cold.