Chapter 7: MAVEN

I navigate underground, the fire on my hands leading me through. I reach the end and found the dusty stairs, unused for years, and climb up. The door ends in a forest outside the palace walls, used by the ancient Silvers before us as an escape path when they were hunted down.

Because once upon a time, we, the Silvers, were the different ones. And because of that we were killed too. Now, the world revolves around us and we are treated like gods. I guess history repeats itself indeed.

I run, alert of anyone behind me. But the night was deep and only the minds of the animals hum in the distant, so I hurry.

Upon reaching the cliff, I climb down, the steep rocks scratching my knees and hands. I dismiss the pain away.

I found the cave on the shore, a place where I used to go to escape the palace. The cold wind does nothing to my skin, the waters crashing on the high rocks like a tiger growling. I step away from the water. As a burner it is my weakness.

I produce a fire again to light the cave. I walk, and on the deep mouth of the cave lies an old writing desk, a shelf, and several supplies that were of use to me. The place was made comfortable for me, a room above the waters. I find the torch at the walls of the cave and light them. You can never guess how much I can smuggle things from the palace since nobody ever watches me that much before.

I opened an old chest in a corner, and fished out a key. I hurriedly walk away, climbing down the cliff of the cave to another shelter.

Here, I have my own garage facing the sea, with an area wide for a driveway. At the middle, a huge metal crate keeps my toy. With the right combinations, I opened it and with my strength wheeled out the mini airjet I took from the Royal line. I remember father used to think that they were just useless, since they cannot carry heavy bombs for war, but just enough for three persons. Tricking the air force officials was too easy.

I check the engine and get it ready to fly. I hopped in, fastened my seat belt, and pulled on some levers and pushed some buttons until the engine produces a small humming sound to life.

I fly, and smiled to myself. I loved flying, no Silver ever had the ability to do so without these machines. Beside the steering device, a small database is attached to help the pilot find his destination. I type in mine for tonight.

The night is deep, and I push the airjet up, navigating it carefully. The airjet drives like a shooting star, gliding in the sky. A warning shot from the machine's control panel, saying that I am near my designed destination. I pulled the lever slowly, easing the machine to go down until it is just a meter above the strong current.

At a distant, I spot the island; a territory far from Norta.