PART I

From the moment a Red is born, the child is taught to never dream.

A Red's life is worthless, easily discarded. They are servants, they are fighters, they are nothing.

A Silver, however, is taught that they are the dreams.

For a Silver's life depends on their family legacies, their powers. They are kings, they are warriors, they are everything. 

Your blood dictates your destiny.

But somehow, in the Stilts, a child is born of Red blood, destined to be queen.

Mare Barrow, in all her life, has been trying to avoid death. As it is required, she will serve the military unless she becomes an apprentice, but all she is is a thief. 

In a string of events she finds herself in the palace, where she discovers that she has the ability to control lighting. To avoid shaking their kingdom Norta, the King and Queen has decided to keep her and disguise her as Mareena Titanos, a Silver. She is then betrothed to Maven Calore, the second prince.

She is taught the palace life but she was also tied to the Scarlet Guard, a secret organization that hopes to overthrow Silver rule. She becomes a spy for them while also forming a conflicted friendship with Maven and the crown prince, his half brother Cal Calore.

However, they find themselves in an impossible situation when Elara Merandus, the Queen, a whisper, makes Cal kill his father King Tiberius to give Maven the crown. Mare feels betrayed and Cal is condemned as a murderer of his own kin, so together they escaped to join the Scarlet Guard.

The Kingdom of Norta passes to Maven, his mother by his side. 

Maven Calore has his secrets, and he seeks out Mare to unravel it.