Heartbreaker

Heartbreaker

6 years later

"PARIS!". I jumped up from my desk where I had fallen asleep doing homework. Prince walked into my room and looked up from his phone. "I've been calling you for ages, Chester's here". "Yay!" I ran down the stairs of the main house at Neverland. Dad decided that he didn't want to give up our home because of those stupid allegations. It took him a few years to gradually deal with the trauma but somehow he managed to.

I ran into Chester's arms and squeezed him like there was no tomorrow. "Babe, I haven't seen you in ages!". He didn't hug back which was weird on all levels, Chester was the biggest romantic. "Paris can we talk?". I let go of him and frowned a little. "Uh sure, come on". We walked into the living room and I quickly grabbed us both a bottle of water. I handed one to Chester and sat on the couch. "So what's up?".

"Well....I'm breaking up with you". I spat my water out, coughing. "What?! But we've been dating for almost a year, our anniversary is coming up". He nodded and looked around the room to avoid eye contact with me. "I know but I don't love you anymore....I just don't. Can we still be friends?". Was he serious right now? "No we can't still be friends get out!". He frowned at me before getting up and leaving. The front door slammed shut and tears formed in my eyes. I ran upstairs into my room and jumped on the bed, crying hysterically.

"Paris what's wrong?". Prince was standing in the doorway. I wiped away tears and sighed. "Chester broke up with me". At those words more tears ran down my face. "Oh baby sis it's gonna be okay" he walked into the room and sat on the bed with me. He wrapped an arm around me in a side hug. "You don't know that". I sniffled shaking my head. "Yes I do, I know everything". I punched him in the arm. "Shut up". We both chuckled and sat in silence for a while.

"When's Dad getting home from New York?" I asked before any awkwardness had a chance to set in. "Sometime tomorrow".

"Oh okay". "PRINCE! PARIS! WERE HOME"  Blanket screamed from downstairs. He went shopping with Aunt Janet. Prince got off the bed and looked in the mirror before glancing at me. "Are you coming?". "Nah I'm just going to chill out in here for a while". Prince just nodded and walked out of the room. I buried myself in the blankets and thought about Chester as I sobbed silently.
----------------------------------
Flashback*

I tiptoed into the kitchen and slid open a drawer. There it was, a shiny kitchen knife just waiting to be used. I pulled it out and rushed back into my bedroom before anyone caught me.

I had taken about 20 Ibuprofen half an hour ago and prayed this would work. The cold metal slid down my wrist, cutting veins as blood gushed out. I couldn't feel anything other than a small sting. I lied in bed, becoming drowsy. It was going to work it had to. The time was about 2 in the morning. This is it world. Goodbye. I looked around the room for a final time, observing the tousled sheets, empty pill bottle and bloody knife.

I sprung up from the bed and threw up on the floor. It happened again and again, I felt like I was dying. Good. Unexpectedly, the door flung open and Dad fell to his knees. "PARIS!".

End of flashback*
----------------------------------
I jumped up and saw I had fallen asleep in the middle of crying. That nightmare gave me goosebumps as the depressing memory filled my mind. I got up and changed into an oversized white T shirt and boy leg shorts. It was late and I expected everyone to be asleep by now.

I walked into the kitchen and opened the freezer, grabbing a tub of cookie dough ice cream. I got a spoon and shovelled it into my mouth. "Paris?" I looked up and saw Dad standing at the door.