A Place To Begin Again

22nd March, 2015

Michael's Pov

"Do you want to come on tour with me?" Paris stared at me for the longest time when I said that, without saying a word. "Well?" I insisted hopefully. "Well what Dad!? This is just you putting on some facade to keep the truth hidden. And dam it, ain't it ugly!" She rolled her eyes and hid under the covers. I squinted at her  silhouette in the darkness and took a deep breath.

"Get up" I said calmly, tapping my foot on the carpet. "Lol goodnight Dad, please shut the door on your way out" she said sarcastically. "Get up now Paris Michael!" I snapped, walking forward and snatching her blanket away.
"What the fuck Dad?" She retorted jumping out of the bed.

"I told you to get up so you get up! You have no right to disrespect me Paris, I do everything for you and your siblings. You don't see them treating me like this do you?" She looked at me blankly and shook her head. "Right! So listen to me and go get ready. You have an hour. Get it, got it, good." I huffed and walked out of Paris' room to get ready myself.

Paris' Pov

I stared into my closet lost in thought. Dads changed and I don't know why. I don't like it either! I grabbed a check shirt dress and some boots in a rush and put them on. My hair was a damn mess so I threw it up in a ponytail and chucked one of Dads fedoras on. I don't care if we're arguing he still had a great taste in fashion.

My clock flashed 4:40 and I quickly grabbed the suitcase I packed for Aunt Janet's and my phone

My clock flashed 4:40 and I quickly grabbed the suitcase I packed for Aunt Janet's and my phone. I headed downstairs and walked into the kitchen. Prince and Blanket were eating breakfast quietly. It looked delicious, a buffet of pancakes, bacon, waffles, toast, fruit and juice. I hesitantly grabbed an apple and sat down opposite them.

I could feel their stares at my bandaged arms but I didn't say anything. They don't need to know, to hell with that! "Where's Dad?" I looked up and saw Blanket giving me a worried look. "Dunno" I answered and took a bite out of my apple. "Seriously Paris? It's like you don't care about anyone but you no more!" Prince yelled, giving me a death glare. "Boohoo, you don't care bout me"

"You just don't see it do you?" I raised an eyebrow and snickered. "See what exactly?" I retorted. "Dad cares about you so much he barely spends time with us anymore. It's always Paris this, Paris that. Blah blah blah" That actually hurt... I felt my chest swell in anger and open my mouth to retaliate but-

"Kids were leaving, get your stuff!" Dad yelled from another room. I happily jumped out of my chair and grabbed my luggage running to the front door.

Hours had passed and I hadn't spoken to Dad, Prince or even Blanket for that matter. I was grateful though at least with Prince, he couldn't come because he had to go back to college later today. We were on a 10 hour flight to London and it gave me a chance to catch up on some sleep. I wasn't about to lose that opportunity so I plugged my earphones in and put my music on random. Aunt Janet's song came on and I smiled. I never had a problem with staying with her, I loved to but it's how Dad just wanted to get rid of me while he toured. A couple of tears slipped down my face as I continued listening to her sing.

"Like a moth to a flame
Burned by the fire
My love is blind
Can't you see my desire
That's the way love goes

Like a moth to a flame
Burned by the fire
My love is blind
Can't you see my desire
That's the way

Like a moth to a flame
Burned by the fire
That's the way
My love is blind
Can't you see my desire
That's the way love goes

Like a moth to a flame
Burned by the fire
That's the way love goes
My love is blind
Can't you see my desire (that's the way, that's the way, that's the way love goes)

Come with me don't you worry
I'm gonna make you crazy
I'll give you the time of your life
I'm gonna take you places you've never been before
And you'll be so happy that you came
Oh I'm gonna take you there, ooh
That's the way love goes"

~~~~

I waved to the crowd surrounding us, there was so many people here! I didn't mind Dads fans, it was the paparazzi making me nervous. I've seen what they can do going around and spreading rumours, twisting people's words around so they could make money. It was such a blur that before I knew it, I was surrounded by the press. I'd been ripped away from Dads security.

PARIS! PARIS! PARIS!

Everyone was chanting my name and asking me questions. Someone grabbed me by the arm and ripped my sleeve. I'd pulled them down on the plane to hide the bandages but now everyone could see. In an instant there were so many camera flashes going off I couldn't see. The next thing I knew I was on the ground...