An Unwelcomed Surprise (Rock4EB Charity Event)

12th, September, 2015

Paris' Pov

I walked down the path of Neverland and stopped at the front door. I haven't seen Dad for the entire 6 months I was in rehab. He didn't visit me even after I had the rights to see family. Aunt Janet had come a few times because she very much knew about my lack of visitors.

I opened the front door and looked around. Everything had been redecorated, I could tell that much. "Hello?" I called. I walked further into the house and stopped in the main living room. "Paris?" I turned around and saw Tatiana standing by the door. I lost the ability to say anything and observed her. "Where's Dad?" I spluttered. I knew he'd finished his tour, that's why I came back to the US.

"He's not here. The tour was extended" she said. I frowned and dropped my head. I gasped and looked back up staring at Tatiana. She was wearing a massive diamond ring on her ring finger. "W-What?" I stuttered pointing at her hand. She looked down and gasped slightly. "He proposed to you?" I asked barely above a whisper.

She looked down, her long hair covering her face and shook her head slightly. "We got married in May" she said softly. I didn't know what to say, I felt totally excluded from the family.
———————————————

I stepped out of the limo and walked out onto the red carpet. Prince was standing next to me and we were holding hands.

Cameras were flashing from every angle and I heard a few gasps as we walked further up the red carpet.

"PARIS!" Prince slipped away as a reporter approached me and reached out to shake hands. Oh boy I was going to kill him when we get home! " Hi! Its so great to see you here tonight after so many months of you hiding away" he said with a forceful laugh. I nodded slightly, feeling like a deer caught in
headlights.

"So is it true that you've
been in rehab for an addiction for the last few months?" he asked. My draw dropped and I quickly shock my head no. " I've been in London with my Dad while he was touring."

"But he's still touring" the reporter pointed out holding the microphone close to me." Yes you're right but I wanted to be here tonight to support a good cause with my brother" I explained trying to sound as confident as possible while thinking of all of this on the spot.
"Of course so what does Rock4EB mean to you?"

" Well it's a benifit event to help people manage Epidermolysis Bullosa  which is a skin disorder that affects way more people than you might think and I am always going to do whatever I can to help and not only for EB."
" Wow Paris you sound very enthusiastic about this."
" I am" I replied with a smile.
"But it must hit close to home. I mean considering that you're Dad, the great Michael Jackson suffers from another skin disorder, vitiligo." That caught me offguard... a lot. I took a deep breath and felt myself getting emotional... on live TV. I felt a panic attack coming on, combined with my athsma meant I had to get away from everyone. Now!

I flew past the reporter and pulled Prince behind me. "Hey Paris what's going on?" he questioned as I stopped in My tracks around the corner of the building. I started hyperventelating and yanked my clutch open: I threw everything on the concrete until I found my puffer and used it about 5 times before I felt any relief.
" You're having an athsma attack? Why?! Forget it I'm taking you to hospital."

"No way! I'm fine" I retorted, leaning down and picking up all My stuff. My phone started ringing and I quickly flipped it open noticing the screen was broken before answering Without checking the caller ID.
"Dad?"

Michaels Pov

I said goodnight to Tatiana over the phone and walked into my hotel room. It was completely silent with Blanket already asleep in his room. I walked down the hallway and shut my door before falling on the bed tiredly.

My insomnia kicked in Instantly and I switched the TV on for something to do. A clip of the red carpet popped up and a reporter stepped into frame looking overly excited about something."Hello everyone and Welcome to MTV. We're here live at the Rock4EB Charity event red carpet. The children of King of Pop Michael Jackson have just arrived and I'm hoping to get a chance to interview Paris." My head shot towards the TV and I Watched anxiously as he approached my daughter.
---------------------------------------

I watched in horror as this idiot interegated Paris. If only I was there!
"But it must hit close to home. I mean considering that you're Dad, the great Michael Jackson suffers from another skin disorder, vitiligo." Paris froze and just by looking at her through the screen I could tell she was having an athsma attack.

She ran past the reporter and pulled Prince with her towards the exit. The cameras caught everything until they disappeared around a corner.

I jumped up and snatched up the hotel phone. I dialed Paris' phone number and waited with my heart pounding out of my chest.

TO BE CONTINUED