Memories

The next day

22nd March, 2015

Michael's Pov

A blaring sound startled me awake and my heart instantly started racing. I looked around frantically to find that I was in bed, my alarm clock going off. The bold red numbers flashing 4am. I slammed the button to shut it off and quickly got up, throwing on a red button down, letterman jacket and black slacks before rushing across the hall to Paris' room.

She was still fast asleep the bed covers hanging off the edge. Seeing her so peaceful yet vulnerable made me feel heartbroken and sick at the same time.

How did things get so bad? I promised I'd always be there no matter what and now it feels like we've drifted apart more than ever

29th June, 2009

I walked through the door and my whole mood changed. Paris was on her bed, tears pouring down her face.
"Baby girl what's wrong?" I forced out, running to her side.
"Why Daddy, WHY WOULD YOU LEAVE ME!?" I felt my heart drop as the realisation hit me. The last few days had been too good to be true. No one asked anything about what had happened before I went into hospital. Not even Paris and I was now sure it had been all that was on her mind. I wrapped my arms around her in a tight hug and rocked slowly.

"Shh, Paris I'd never leave you or you're brothers for anyone or anything." She stayed silent, only letting out the occasional sniff and hiding in my embrace.
"Paris?" Still nothing, not a sound. I gently pulled away and saw her look away to avoid my stare. "Paris. Look at me." I said in a soft but stern voice. She shook her head no and looked further away.

I placed my hand under her chin and gently lifted her face to look back at me. Blue eyes staring into brown.
"Paris, listen to me and listen good. I will NEVER leave you, it doesn't matter what happens. Even if it's the last day on Earth and everything is falling apart. You three kids will always be my first priority and I'd be there to the end. I promise." I recited in a firm voice, every word of it was true.

"O-Okay Dad, I believe you." She stuttered out as more tears threatened to spill from her eyes.
"Please don't cry otherwise you're going to make me cry." I said half jokingly. Paris just nodded as I wiped away her tears from earlier.
"Dad, can you sing to me?" She asked hugging me again. "Of course baby girl, what do you want me to sing?" After a few seconds a small smile spread across her face.
"A child's heart." She suggested pulling me down to lie next to her as she slowly began to calm down.

"With a child's heart
Go face the worries of the day
With a child's heart
Turn each problem into play
No need to worry no need to fear
Just being alive makes it all so very clear."
***

"Dad?" I quickly snapped back to reality as I saw Paris staring at me. "What are you doing in here?" She added, her voice deprived of emotion.
"Oh right... I need to talk to you." I whispered, my mouth went dry as I was reminded of why I even came in here.
"It's four o'clock in the fucking morning. Don't make me laugh Dad, you just want me to go along with this whole happy family act so you can go on tour and pretend like everything is okay. Well guess what? It's not!" She snapped before rolling away from me and hiding under the covers.

"Paris, that's not true." The memories from just a couple minutes ago hit me and I couldn't help but to snicker before quickly stopping.
"What the hell, are you seriously laughing right now?" Paris groaned from under the blanket.

"You haven't changed a bit Paris." I announced, feeling a little hope enter me for what I was about to do.
"Whatever that's supposed to mean." She paused sighing.
"What do you wanna talk to me about anyway?" I took a deep breath hoping for the best and let the question slip before I could stop it.

"Do you want to come on tour with me?"

***

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I hope you enjoyed the chapter! (I'm sorry it's short)

What do you think Paris will say? Let me know in the comments 😊

PLEASE

VOTE & COMMENT

Dreamer_2_Believer ❤️