Let Down

The next day

Janet's Pov

I heard a knock at the door and knew exactly who it was... I got up off the couch and slowly opened it. "Michael." I hugged him tightly and sighed. "She didn't come home last night, why?" He asked softly. I was surprised at his lack of emotion and looked up the stairs like that would make Paris appear from the bedroom to answer his questions.

"She just needs some time."

"But Janet... she's my baby how did this ever happen?" He exclaimed letting out his tears. "I don't know Michael. You have to ask her."

Paris' Pov

I climbed out of bed and walked straight out of the room. I wanted to thank Aunt Janet for letting me stay the night. I walked downstairs and into the kitchen where my prenatal vitamins were. I didn't know if I should buy them because none of this was planned but Aunt Janet made her assistant buy some for me anyway.
"Paris?" I dropped the glass bottle and it smashed on the wooden floors and tablets flew everywhere. "Dad?" Our eyes met and he walked towards me. I flinched as tears started to escape my eyes and closed them. I felt Dad wrap his arms around me. "Why are you here?" I asked hesitantly, looking up at him with guilt. "What do you mean? I'm here for you Paris, even though I'm upset that this has happened. I'll always be here for you and so will your brothers." I gulped hard and looked away.

"You don't understand Dad... I never wanted this to happen!" I cried. I suddenly felt nauseous and pulled away, running to the bathroom.

——————————————————————

I rinsed my mouth out and wiped it with a tissue. I felt so sick, not only from the morning sickness but also from my anxiety being through the roof ever since I found out I was pregnant. I opened the bathroom door and walked upstairs to pack my stuff. The house was quiet and I didn't know where Dad and Aunt Janet were. I was just grateful to have some alone time while I was working this out... and what to do next.

A couple of hours later

I walked out of the apartment complex with Dad by my side and headed towards his limo. We still hadn't talked about my pregnancy since I ran off but he asked me to come home. I agreed and here we were. My thoughts were interrupted by a paparazzo bumping into me. I fell back but one of Dads bodyguards caught me and helped me get back up to my feet.

"What do you think you're doing?" Another bodyguard grabbed his shirt collar and pulled him away from us. "Keep your distance" he said firmly before letting go and taking his place next to me again. "Are you alright Paris?" Dad asked frantically. I nodded and took a deep breath. "I'm fine, he just caught me off guard" I admitted, grabbing onto his hand. I felt way too uncomfortable out in public like this. Even though I would've only been a few weeks pregnant, it felt like the paparazzi would figure it out somehow.
--------------------------------------

When we got back to neverland I tried to take a nap because I still felt exhausted from everything that had happened in the past few weeks. But no matter how much I tried it just wouldn't happen so I sat up in defeat and decided to go to the music room.

Through all of this I still knew that music was a way for me to let go and I used my time in rehab to take advantage of that. I sat down and picked up the guitar sitting next to me. I quickly remembered one of the songs I'd written and strummed the guitar lightly as the words came to me.

Head hanging down
Shredded evening gown
Eyes painted black
A tragic paperback

You were my all
And now, I fall to the ground
You hit the wall
And now, I crawl underground

Let me down again
Break me, flush me down the drain
Let me down again"
**

It hurt me to know that I'd written this about Michael because it seemed like he genuinely cared about me but I hadn't seen him since we celebrated my birthday. No matter how many times I called or texted he never replied. He made me feel special and now to know that meant nothing to him.... I don't know how I'm supposed to tell him, or the world that I'm pregnant.

To be continued....

AN

Sorry for the short chapter but that felt like the right place to end it. More updates coming soon! :)