The Unintended Consequences of Working Late - part 2

The Unintended Consequences of Working Late – part 2

Sang's POV

I stand there and blink at him. He looks too perfect to be real. I vaguely realize that his lips are moving, and I'm standing here staring at him. Oh, damn, I still have my ear buds in. I pull them off and let them dangle. "Sorry, I ... um. What?" I groan to myself. He must think I am a complete idiot. He looks down at me, eyebrow still lifted "your beverage, I believe?" he says, holding up my Frappuccino in his hand. "Oh, yes... um. Thank you." His gaze falls to my chest where my ear buds are resting against my breasts, the still playing music now audible, and he tilts his head slightly. He raises his eyes back to mine; I feel myself blushing under his scrutiny. His eyes are so riveting, I can't look away. A low heat starts to build inside me, and I want to squirm. It feels like something warm is slowly spiraling through me from my lower belly. Spirals... Spirals. I shake my head and snap out my heat induced stupor "Yes, that's it!! Why didn't I think of that before!? That's the pattern I'm missing." I hit my palm against my forehead. He backs up, a puzzled look on his face. "Spirals!" I say, giving him a big smile and dash around him out of the kitchen. "Thank you!!" I yell back to him as I run down the dark hallway back to my office to input new search parameters into my program.

Mr. Blackbourne's POV

She's lovely. Several inches shorter than me, even in her high heels, she is clad in black from her snug fitting turtleneck sweater to her heels and hose. And that lovely, very form fitting skirt. She stands there, looking at me, blinking. Just as I am about to ask if she's all right, with a quick movement, she pulls ear buds out of her ears and drops them. "Um, what?" she stammers. "Your beverage?" I reply, holding up the bottle in my hand. I drop my eyes to her breasts, where the ear buds are resting. Music filters out of the small speakers. Gregorian chant? Not your typical office music, I thought. Interesting choice. I look back in to her eyes and hold her gaze. Her fair skin begins to blush a delicate pink. The pupils in her eyes widen and her mouth opens slightly. Mmm. Fascinating response to being startled in a dark office kitchen. I am mentally thinking of several delightful possibilities to make her blush when all of a sudden she shakes her head rapidly. What? Why is she saying the word spirals? She smacks her forehead with her hand. Flashing a beautiful smile at me, she darts around me and runs out of the kitchen. Spirals? What did spirals have to do with anything? I hear her call out thank you as the tapping of her heels fades down the hallway.

Puzzled, I shake my head, close the refrigerator, and head back towards the conference room, the bottle of coffee still in my hand. I hear footsteps on the stairway, and voices float up from the lower floor. Kota and Victor are the first to appear, followed by Gabriel, Luke, Nathan, Silas, Sean and North.

"Hey Mr. B, I didn't know you drank those? Are you sharing with the class?" Luke laughed.

"No, Mr. Taylor, I do not drink these." I look down at the bottle. "I... never mind. Here, you may have it." I hand him the bottle and stride in to the conference room, passing Sean, who looks at me with a grin on his face. 

"If I didn't know better, I would swear you look flustered, Owen!" 

I turn and narrow my eyes at him. "I do not get flustered." 

He laughs. "Hmmm, is that so? It appears we may have a mystery on our hands" he chuckles, sitting down at the large wooden table where the others are already seated. 

"What mystery is that Doc?" asks Kota. 

"The mystery of what has gotten our illustrious leader all hot and bothered before a family meeting" he says, rubbing his hands together. 

 "Sean. If you're through being annoying, can we start our meeting?" I ask with an icy tone to my voice. 

"Oh, by all means" he says, waving his hand. "We can discuss our little mystery later" he returns, with a smirk in his voice. 

I shake my head, murmuring to myself. Children.