A/N Updated - Ptichka, Home On The Range

Author's Note: Out of respect for the victims of the horrific attack in Orlando, Florida, I will be bypassing the second part of Home On The Range for the time being, and will take up the story again the following day. Rest assured, Sang showed up the guys and made Raven, who taught her firearms safety and training, very proud. Kota and Nathan have joined the ranks of smitten guys.

A/N: Updated July 19, 2016

For @anixG2000 because she faithfully kept asking for the follow up to Home On The Range.

Sang's POV

I lifted my head from my pillow at the sound of a text coming in. Blinking my eyes, I reached over to the night stand and picked up my phone. When I saw who sent the text I perked up. Raven had responded to the message I sent him last night, asking if he'd be at the range this morning. Besides the fact that getting in practice was always a good thing, I wanted to site in my new rifle. He was probably going to freak out when he saw it, I thought with a grin as I climbed out from under the bed covers. Hah. Let the big grumpy Russian have a tantrum. I was going to the range this morning!

The sun was just up when I pulled away from my apartment. There wasn't too much traffic, so I would make good time to the range. I turned on the radio and hit one of my preset stations. I almost groaned when I heard what song they were currently playing. Smoother than a fresh jar of Skippy? Who comes up with lyrics like that I wondered. There's only so many times I want to hear that song on any given day. I tapped the button for another preset. Next. I had to laugh at what song was playing on the next station, but I started to sing along anyway. "...save a horse, ride a cowboy..."

++++

In the distance, I saw that the range flag was up when I pulled into the long gravel drive that led to the range. I stopped the car, reached to the backseat and pulled my tactical earplugs out of my range bag. After I put them in, I swapped my sunglasses for my yellow shooting glasses. Good to go.

Huh. Someone else is here besides Raven? It's a bit early. I seriously think he gets a kick out of making teams show up really early. I pulled Pixel alongside Raven's beast of a pickup truck and switched off the engine. I climbed out and reached back to pull out my range bag and my rifle bag. The sun was up, the air was crisp and clear. This was an excellent start to the day.

I was halfway to the benches when Raven spotted me.

"Ptichka!"

"Raven" I called to him as I walked to where he was sitting. "Good morning!"

"Is good morning now, little bird. You are good, yes?"

"I'm good, yes. I saw Marc the other day at the track. How is the rest of the family?"

"All are good, all good. You cook, da?"

"Yes, I cook a bit. Why? Are you looking to surprise Kayli with a nice dinner?" I jokingly asked him as I set down my bags.

I laughed when he scowled at me.

"Maybe you can call Kayli. Tell her some Thanksgiving recipes. Something she can't poison us with."

"Rude!" I said, smacking his arm. "I can't believe you said that! She won't try to poison you guys, she loves you. You might consider how much work goes into feeding you lot."

"Ok, ok, we eat lots. This I know." He looked at me hopefully. "Maybe something she won't burn?"

"Oh alright," I sighed. "I'll give her a call and ask her if she wants to go shopping with me for Thanksgiving dinner supplies. That way it won't seem so obvious."