Part 35 - The Aftermath, Pt. 1

Thank you so much for sticking with me and reading my story. I'm sorry it's been so long since I updated. Thankfully, the guys are starting to talk with me again. And thank you for all of your votes and comments! They are appreciated more than you know.

++++++++

5:35 am text to team from Owen Blackbourne:

Due to events that transpired at Miss Sorenson's apartment yesterday evening, family meeting is called for 11:00 am in the downtown office conference room. All available team members should be in attendance. If unavailable due to previously scheduled assignment, advise Mr. Lee.

Mr. Taylor, before the meeting I will need a full inventory of what was installed at Miss Sorenson's apartment. Mr. Korba can escort Miss Sorenson to the office in your place. Mr. Morgan, please bring the schematic diagram of the camera and security installation to the meeting.

Mr. Morgan and Mr. Taylor, you will both need to be available for debriefing with the Toma team after our family meeting.

* * *

Sang's POV

The following morning, I woke up with a start and wondered how I got to my bed. The last thing I remembered from last night was watching a movie with North. North! Where was North? A glance at the clock on my dresser showed that I hadn't overslept, and I slid out of my bed and stretched. Still dressed in the yoga pants and sweatshirt from the night before, I went downstairs in search of him.

There was no sign of him when I reached the living room, just a neatly folded blanket on the end of the sofa, so I headed in to the kitchen. On my small table sat a plate of muffins and a mug of tea, with a note propped against the mug. The tea was still hot, and the muffins were warm and smelled spicy. I smiled. He made me breakfast. I opened the note and read the contents.

Sang,

Sorry I had to head out before you woke up. I got called in. Silas will be there at 8:00 to take you to work. I reset the security alarm when I left.

Enjoy the tea and muffins. I hope you don't mind that I raided the pantry.

In case I don't see you before Saturday, how about I pick you up at 10 for our trip to the beach?

North

I set his note back on the table and reached for a muffin. I took a bite and moaned at how delicious it tasted. The flavor of the aromatic cinnamon and nutmeg exploded in my mouth. The spices blended perfectly with the earthy taste of pumpkin, tart cranberries, and crunchy walnuts. This muffin was as good, if not better than the muffins I got at my usual bakery. Luke wasn't the only Taylor brother who could cook great food. After everything that happened last night, this was a very nice way to start my day.

A glance at the clocked showed that I didn't have much time before Silas arrived. I finished my muffin and tea and ran upstairs to get ready for work. I showered quickly and towel dried my hair. Since it was likely going to be a long day full of paperwork and debriefing meetings about last night's situation, I dressed comfortably. If anyone didn't like what I was wearing today, they could stuff it. My comfort was more important to me than some else's ideas on how to dress, especially some of the catty bitches that trotted through the office every now and then. I had just finished drying my hair and putting it in a clip when series of random knocks sounded on my door. Silas had arrived.

I hurried back downstairs, entered the security code in the keypad and unlatched the door. For a moment I just stood there looking up at him. Awkward much, I mentally shook my head. I'd forgotten how tall he was. And how good looking. "Hi Silas, uh, good morning," I stammered as I opened the door wider to let him in. "Come on in, I just have to grab a few things and I'll be ready to go.