Sushi Date Night - Part 1

Victor's POV

I watched from the open door as Sang and my brothers headed down the sidewalk to their cars. Our spontaneous movie night was done, and I was glad that I'd suggested it. I missed the nights, when we were teenagers, that we all slept over at Kota's house or Nathan's. I didn't want us to drift apart as I'd seen other groups do. We were a family, and we needed us to stay a family. I needed us to stay a family. Becoming a team and a family was the best thing to ever happen to me. We all needed each other, and I got the feeling that maybe Sang needed us, too.

Closing the door, I headed back down the piazza to the main door. Sang. Lovely, haunted Sang. From the first time I saw her, when she got out of her car at the track, I felt there was something special about her. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. She was small and delicate, like porcelain, but I got the impression that she had an inner core of steel. The kind of steel that was forged by bad circumstances. I was glad that she opened up to me a bit tonight. That had to have been difficult for her. Perhaps someday, in time, we'd find out what her history was, if she wanted to share. In the meantime, I would enjoy every opportunity to spend time with her.

= = = =

Sang's POV

The buzz of an incoming text message startled me, causing me to look up from my spreadsheet. I glanced at my watch, and was astonished to see that it was almost 6:15 pm. I'd been busy on so many projects, including Victor's, this week, that the days had flown by. I reached over to pick up my phone to check the message.

Owen: Miss Sorenson, Sean and I will be at your office shortly to pick you up. We can all head to the class together.

Sang: That sounds fine. I am just finishing up some files. I should be done by the time you arrive.

How was it Friday night already? Date Night Sushi Class Friday, no less. I shook my head in disbelief. I still couldn't quite believe that I was taking a sushi making class tonight. With all of them. "You just can't make this stuff up," I murmured to myself as I turned back to my computer.

= = = =

"Knock, knock."

I looked up from my computer to see Sean poke his head in the doorway, a big smile on his face. "Hey, beautiful. I'm here to steal you away from your files for the evening. Someone said something about sushi!"

I laughed at the expression on his face. "Yes, someone mentioned that you like sushi. Let me just save what I'm working on and shut down my computer."

"Not a problem," he said, leaning against the doorframe, hands in his pockets. "They couldn't possibly start the class without us, now could they. What fun would that be?"

I shook my head and smiled as I powered off my computer. "You're incorrigible, aren't you?"

"Incorrigible? Me? No, I think irresistible is more like it," he replied with a cheeky grin.

"No, Sean, I believe she was correct the first time. You are incorrigible," Owen remarked, coming up to stand beside Sean in the doorway, placing his hand on Sean's shoulder.

"Gee, thanks for the support, Owen," Sean laughed.

"Don't mention it, Sean," Owen said with slight smirk, his eyes gleaming with humor.

I pulled my bag from my drawer and turned to face the two of them. I mentally sighed as I walked towards them. So handsome.

= = = =

Sean, Owen and I entered the shop to find that the others had already arrived and were milling around the store. I could see Gabriel and Luke standing near the platters and cake stands, discussing something very intently. Kota was thumbing through the cookbooks. Silas, North and Nathan were standing near the register, away from any of the glass displays, and Victor was examining a fancy coffee maker.