Worst Spies Ever

A/N Thank you everyone for sticking with me and my story.  I appreciate all of your votes and comments. I promised myself I would have something for TAFF Update Day, so, without further ado (corrected from adieu because my sister informed me I was saying good bye in French - I'll blame auto correct), please to enjoy!

  O~O  

Sang's POV

I closed the door of the Director's office behind me and let out the breath I'd been holding. It was either hold my breath and hold my tongue, or start screaming in frustration at both Axel and the Director, who just so happened to be my handler, about the edict they'd just handed down. Per their directive, for the foreseeable future, I was going to have a babysitter. I couldn't freaking believe them. They were treating me like I was 15 again. The thought of someone tagging along pretty much everywhere I went ticked me off. Thankfully, I had a few assignments coming up on my calendar that would be exceptions. I just hoped whoever they assign would be someone I could deal with, otherwise I would do my best to ditch the babysitter, Axel and Mr. Bublé could stuff it.

Me: You are SO lucky you left the meeting before I did. I'm really ticked off at you right now.

Axel: About?

Me: Seriously? A babysitter?

Axel: It's a precaution.

Me: I'm not 15 anymore.

Axel: No you aren't. If it's the same people, better safe than sorry.

Axel: Besides, I don't think you'll mind in the long run.

Me: ??

Axel: Gotta go.

Ugh. He could be so cryptically infuriating sometimes. My stomach let out a grumble, and a quick glance at my watch showed that it was well after my usual lunch hour. That meeting lasted way longer than I liked. I headed down the stairs to my floor so I could grab my bag and go get some lunch. I was passing the section of empty offices when I heard some familiar voices. I backtracked and looked in the open office door, surprised to see Victor and Gabriel in the office. What on earth were they doing here?

"Hey, you two. What are you guys doing here?" I asked.

Gabriel turned with a start, a retractable tape measure in his hand. "We're measuring for office furniture," he said. He pocketed the tape measure and walked towards me. He clasped my shoulders with his hands and gave me a questioning look. "Are you okay?" he asked.

I grimaced. "I take it you saw the pictures?"

He nodded. "Yeah, we all did." he replied. "Owen called a team meeting this morning to fill everyone in on what's happened so far."

"Axel has asked the team for assistance reviewing things," Victor said as he came over to where Gabriel and I were standing by the doorway. "Since we don't have an established base office, we're going to set one up here because it's centrally located."

"I'm sorry you guys have gotten dragged in to my messy life," I told them. "I wouldn't wish it on anyone."

Gabriel wrapped his arms around me in a loose hug. "Oh, Sunshine, each and every one of us has cornered the market on messy lives at one time or another," Gabriel laughed darkly. "I'll refrain, however, from telling stories that would scare you and turn your hair white." He pulled back and looked down at me thoughtfully, the slightest hint of his customary mischievous sparkle was back in his eyes, "I much prefer the color your hair is now. That horrendous fucking hair clip, though..." he said as he reached for the clip holding my hair "you should wear it down like it was the other night."