Prologue

A beautiful, young female walked down the sidewalk, her (h/l), (h/c) hair dancing in the wind. She wore a light pink jacket, white t-shirt, blue jeans, and black leather boots that travel up to her knees. Closing her eyes, she lifted her head up, taking in the beautiful breeze that walked around her. Today was a marvelous day to get a book.

She read all of the books she had at home, so she decided to get ten more to keep her occupied for the next week. School did't started until next month, so she was going to spend the last of her summer enjoying books. She couldn't wait to get new books. Whenever she opened one, she's transported into an entire new world. Adventures, love, tragedies, and sometimes happy endings.

She decides to quicken her pace, seeing as the bookstore was only a couple of blocks away from her. Zipping through people, careful not to bump into them, she enters the store. Her eyes beamed as she looked at all of the books on the shelves. It's never ending and she loved that. She breathed in the smell of the store, letting out a loving sigh. 

Patting invisible dust off of her, she walked through the aisles, her fingers running along the spines of the books. Reading was something she always enjoyed. It helped calm her down when she felt alone. Books are a way to make feel like she belonged somewhere, even if that somewhere isn't real. She spots a book that look interesting and she tries to reach for it. Her feet stretch up as much as they can, going as far as standing on the tips of her toes. Still no luck.

The young female runs her fingers through her hair and lets out a sigh. There are many advantages of being short, and here's another disadvantage, which is number one on her list.

"Do you need some help miss?" a voice said to her. She turned toward's the voice direction and a light blush dusts her face. A young male ,about a year or two older than her, stands in front of her, flashing her a warm smile. He has black hair, an eye-patch over his left eye, his right eye is grey, and his skin is ever so pale. In fact, it reminds her of sugar. He wears a grey sweater with a pair of black slacks to match with it. The two seemed to realize they were staring at each other and quickly looked away, faces red in embarrassment.

"Yes, I do need some help. I would like that book, the one with the black and white spine," she said, pointing to the book. He nodded his head reached for it. He is taller than her, about a good two inches or 3. The man takes a hold of the book and happily hands it over to (y/n).

"Here you go!" he said cheerfully, the blush still evident on his face. She accepts it gratefully. Taking a better look at him now, he's cute. He gives off an sort of cherub essence, and she's curious about the eye. But it'll be rude asking a stranger what happened. 

"Thank you very much! I appreciate the help," she said, and gathering up the courage, she stands up on her toes and gives him a kiss on the cheek. She then walks away, leaving the male a blushing mess. Her heart flutters, feeling her lips. His cheek was soft and warm, only a bit cold. (y/n) has half a mind to scold herself for the random burst of bravery, but she couldn't help herself. There's something about him that she attracts her. 

"Oh, why hello (y/n)! It's not surprising to see you here, but you're only purchasing one book? Are you feeling well?" the old lady asks from behind the counter as she approaches. 

She can only roll her eyes before laughing. "I'm okay Raylene, I just met someone very cute, and I don't want to be a blushing and stuttering mess around him."

"Oh? You like someone? Well, I would like to see him! Where is he?"

"No, it's all right! I'll probably won't see him again, but I hope I do."

(y/n) hands Raylene the money and leaves the store. Her mind is a pot of bubbling mush by the time she arrives home. All she can think of is that man. His sweet smile. Soft skin. Long fingers. A lulling voice, making her think that if he songs a song to her, she'll fall asleep with no problems whatsoever. What is it about him? There are plenty of books about love at first sight, and being the dummy she is, she believes in those sorts of things.

She believes it's love.

But what she forgets is that love can only last for so long.