Chapter 13

(y/n) pulled, dragged, Kaneki into the mall and her eyes beamed. There were so many people. They all talked, walked, ate, or just sat in chairs. She could smell the anime. Jumping up and down, she grabbed her boyfriend's wrists and pulled him along with her, weaving around people. He only smiled at her, thinking how cute she was when she gets all excited. 

Whenever her face would beam and that small blush sitting on her face made him want to shower her in kisses. As they walked, ran, to their destination, which was on the second floor, Kaneki's wrist slipped out of her grip and he got lost in the sea of people. He tried calling out to her and even reaching out, but he wasn't able to since he was being pushed away.

She stopped, looking around. Sighing, she decided to look for him. Though, as she was looking for him, the voices of the people began to overlap each other, irritating (y/n). Scratching her neck, she picked up her pace, looking around for her missing boyfriend. She could feel her heat beating against her chest, seeming like it was screaming to be freed. There was a tight feeling in her chest as she looked around, her breathing picking up. 

Cold sweat trickled down her neck, sending shivers up her spine. For some reason, tears pricked at the corners of her eyes. She didn't understand why she was feeling this way. It was truly embarrassing. Especially in front of people. They would just stop, look at her as she's a sobbing mess, and just laugh. Laugh at how stupid she looks for crying and probably whisper rude comments about her.

That didn't stop her from looking for Kaneki. In fact, it was getting hard to breathe. She didn't even realize that her body was trembling. She started to run around, looking for him. The fear that he was gone again tore into her, making her let out small whimpers as she ran around. She really did love him and didn't want anything bad to happen. 

Especially to him. She didn't want any bad things happening. The tears had all ready ran down her face and all the voices were becoming disoriented. After Kaneki had came back to her, he had changed. There was a cold side to him that he didn't use around her, but she could sense it. He had even become stronger. More confident. She had asked if he had dyed his hair white, and he said yes, his hand rubbing his chin. In all honesty, (y/n) believed him, thinking that he would never lie to her.

Though, he did lie to her about him being half ghoul, but he had his reasons to and she couldn't blame him. She then began running into people, apologizing frantically. Some of the people just mumbled rude comments that was meant for her to head and it hurt her. Words were more powerful than actions, but was more powerful was not knowing where her lover was. She was really worried. 

There are times when she heard him act cold around Bajou and the others, but of course sweet whenever Hinami and her were around. She desperately wanted to know what happened to him during those ten days, but he refused to tell her. When she pressed on a tiny bit, he just gave her a cold look. He didn't say anything, but the look was enough for her to back off. She was getting sick and tired of people not telling her anything. She wanted to know so badly.

Kaneki was so sweet and shy, but he changed. She loves him no matter what, but she just wants to make sure if he was okay, even if it mean her getting hurt. A few people gave her looks and she felt the need just to hide in the bathroom and cry. She didn't know why she was acting this way. All she wanted to do was find her boyfriend and continue their date. 

She honestly didn't like it when people gave her looks in public, where ever she was, but when she was with Kaneki, she felt relaxed. (y/n) didn't like to be in a large crowed of people because she gets scared. Her insecurities kick in and she would have a massive melt down. All of a sudden, she ran into a man and fell down, biting back a sob.