Chapter 19

"Hey, Kaneki?" (y/n) called out, opening their bedroom door. He had just finished changing into his battle suit and she really needed to talk to him. It was important and she needed to discuss it with him as soon as possible. The white haired male looked back over at her, his mask in his cold hands. When he looked at her, she could see the coldness in his eyes. It made her stiffen, but she quickly relaxed when they softened at they sight of her.

"Yes?" he said, setting his mask down on the nightstand. She looked down, worrying her lip into her teeth. The female fumbled around with her fingers. All the courage she had about talking to him had melted away. Now the anxiety had built up in her and her mind was blank. She was feared of talking about these things. She felt like it wasn't any of her business, but she needed to know. Everyone left her wondering and worrying. (y/n) hated that. She couldn't stand it. A little bit of truth wouldn't hurt at all. Suddenly, cold hands came in contact with her cheeks. She felt her face being lifted up gently and her eyes met with grey orbs.

"Is something wrong?" Kaneki asked gently. She pursed her lips and placed a her hands over his. She had to talk to him. Relationships were built by communication. That's what she needed to do.

"Yeah, actually. Something has been bothering me and I need to talk to you about it," she barely said in a whisper. Her voice was so low and soft that he almost couldn't hear her. He looked into her eyes and furrowed his brows in concern. She looked scared, almost terrified to talk to him. It had him wondering.

"(y/n), has someone been doing anything to you at college?" he asked, his voice getting a little cold. If anyone was hurting or touching his girlfriend, he wouldn't show the person or people any mercy. No one does something to the person he held dear to his heart and gets away with it. (y/n)'s eyes widened and she quickly shook her head.

"N-No! Don't worry. No one has done anything to me," she reassured him. Kaneki relaxed and caressed her face with his thumbs.

"I still can't stop worrying of something happening to you. Like that incident in the market. I'm still afraid that someone will try to do something horrible to you," he softly said, resting his forehead against hers. (y/n) place a soft kiss on his lips and smiled.

"I'll be fine. Besides, that's not the problem here," she said, looking down at his chest. He didn't remove his head from hers, but he could tell something was on her mind. He didn't respond, so she had no other choice but to speak up.

"K-Kaneki, I want you to tell me what happens on your missions," she blurted out, feeling a blush of embarrassment decorating her cheeks. He pulled away, his face stoic and serious. She could feel his stare burn right through her head and she felt too scared to meet his eyes.

"(y/n)," he said sternly, lifting her head up. She gulped. He was never like this with her. He was usually sweet, kind, loving, and perverted. Kaneki was never cold and serious with her. It was always rare. He didn't like to discuss these type of things with his girlfriend. He felt like that she didn't need to hear any of the things he does. He doesn't want to ruin the smile that would always make his day. The white haired male opened his mouth to say something, but (y/n) stopped him.

"Don't Kaneki. Don't say anything. I believe I have the right to know what you do. I tell you what I do whenever I go out, but you never do. It's not so hard," she said, raising her voice a bit. Kaneki removed his hands off of her face and furrowed his brows at her.

"(y/n). You might believe that you do, but you don't. For you, it's different. You just tell me what you do, but I have my right of not telling you. What I do isn't any of your damn business," he coldly stated, walking over to collect his mask.

"Of course it's my business! I'm your girlfriend! I should know what goes on doing one of your oh so special missions of yours. If Hinami is able to know or go on one of them then I should at least know what goes on," she pried, crossing her arms and leaning against the door. It slammed shut and he turned to face her, anger gleaming in his eyes.