Chapter 5

Kaneki sat on (y/n)'s bed awkwardly, his hands in his lap. She had just been silent the whole time they were there, trying to decide how to approach Kaneki on this matter. She really wasn't sure what to say, but she has to say something or otherwise he might get the wrong idea on why he's here. Instead of speaking out, she just stared at him, her knees up to her chest and her chin resting on her knees, just looking at him.

A light blush dusted his face and he looked away, unsure of what to do. She just pushed him into her room and told him to sit on her bed. He had did what he was told, but they hadn't done or said anything yet. He wanted to say something, but her stare had prevent him from doing so. It was just a little awkward silence.

"Do you know why you're in my room sitting in my bed Kaneki?" (y/n) asked, speaking finally. He looked up, actually quite unaware. He pieced together what she said and his face turned as red as a tomato.

"W-Wait, are you asking to do it?" he asked, his face heating up and started to shift around, nervous of what she was going to say. Instead of giving him an answer immediately, she just laughed, tucking strands of her hair behind her ear.

"No silly, I wasn't asking if we could have sex. I was asking if you know why you're here," she laughed, pecking on the cheek. He just turned another shade of red, clearly embarrassed that he gotten the wrong idea of why he was there.

"I-I have no idea honestly," he coughed, rubbing the back of his neck. (y/n) slowly nodded, watching him carefully. She then went over to his eye-patch, getting curious. She decided not to ask about it, thinking that he would tell the same story. "Um, are you going to tell me why I'm here?"

She nodded. "Kaneki, the other day I met a man. His name was Tsukiyama Shuu," she said, observing at how he tensed he'd gotten by the name. "He was in my room the other night. And he revealed some very interesting information. Very interesting information."

Kaneki gulped. "What sort of information?" (y/n) narrowed her eyes, seeing at how uncomfortable he was. She needs to tell him all of this and she wants him to tell her the truth.

"That he knew you. That he knew everyone at Anteiku. That everyone who works there, you, Touka, are ghouls. He even revealed to me that he was a ghoul. Now, I want you to tell me the truth. I don't want to be lied to, so please, tell me the truth. Is it true what he said. That everyone, even you, are ghouls?"

She didn't mean to sound so harsh, but she had to say something to him. Kaneki only looked down, trembling, fighting back tears. He knew that what Tsukiyama told her was the truth, and he didn't want her to find out. Find out about his secret. That was the last thing he would tell her. He bit his lip, trying his best to not let the tears fall, but it didn't work. They just fell. Like how they always do. This wasn't new to him. It just comes so natural.

"(y-y/n), it's true. Everyone at Anteiku is a ghoul, i-including....me," he said. And that's when it happened. He broke down again. He buried his face into his hands, sobbing, apologizing for not telling her. Apologizing for what he is. She only sat there in shock. He didn't even try to lie to her. He just flat out told her the truth. And this made her heart ache. She shouldn't have told and asked him that. She reached out her hand to him, opening her mouth to speak, but he wasn't done. 

"I-I don't even know anything anymore. I use to be human. I ate food like everyone else. Drank whatever I wanted to. I want to eat at my favorite restaurant, Big Girl, with my best friend, Hide. I even tried to, but it was no use. I puked everywhere. Whenever I eat human food, it tastes bland. It tastes like rotten apples, moldy sponge, you name it. This is why I wear the eye-patch. I can't control my eye whenever I'm hungry. I'm just half human, half ghoul. A monster! I don't even know why you love me!"