Chapter 3

The beautiful music of birds tweeting woke (y/n) up. Slowly, she opened her eyes, blinking a couple of times. She then sat up, stretching out her limbs. After that, she decided to go get ready. When she stood out of bed, she remembered the events of last night. A blush appeared on her face when she remembered the kiss. How sweet and passionate it was. She brought her fingers up to her lips and touched it, somehow still being able to feel Kaneki's lips upon hers. It was like his presence just lingered there, trying to kiss her again. 

Smiling, she pulled her clothes out of her drawers, deciding to have some coffee at Anteiku before she heads off to work. (y/n) works at a library, so her shift doesn't start til ten. She at least has an hour to waste. At her work place, she has an locker, which is odd for a library, but she doesn't want to question it. She actually thought that was a good thing. She was able to change at work instead of at home. Plus, the style there was a little at home, so the workers could feel comfortable there.

Her uniform consisted of: black leggings, blue jean shorts that go to her mid-thighs, a magnificent shade of blue long sleeved cat shirt, and a beanie with cat ears. The library wants their workers to dress in their own style, so she was able to choose her own uniform. That was the best part of working at the library. There people who always entered the library were always so kind and treated them with respect. Putting on her clothes, which was: blues jeans, a pink cat sweater with her white tank top underneath, and kitty socks. (y/n) grabbed her hairbrush and brushed out all of the curls, putting her hair up in a messy bun. 

She then grabbed her kitty purse, keys, and slipped her shoes on and left her apartment. Yesterday, Kaneki had said that her clothing style was cute. Many people had said that about her clothes, but when it came to him, it made her feel all warm and fuzzy inside. He even said that they were dating, which made her heart jump.

She touched her cheeks, feeling how heated it was. "Oh, I must look like a tomato," she mumbled to herself, rubbing her cheeks. Only Kaneki was able to make her feel this way, and she actually liked it. She loved how sweet and gentle he was to her. Especially the kiss. Now that was absolutely amazing. The way he was with her, treated her, it was all so marvelous. When they had french kissed, it was nothing that would be able to imagine at all. She thought a french kiss was suppose to be rough, but he made it kind. 

There was so much to love about him! She loved the way he treated her like she was a princess. That made (y/n)'s eyes well with tears. She wasn't sad, but happy. No one treated her so sweetly. Not the way Kaneki had. He was sweet, adorkable, kind, and smart. She felt like she was in a romance story of her own. One where she found the perfect man. She needs to take a picture with him so she can show her friend what he looks like.

That's right! (y/n) needs to tell (best friend's name) about Kaneki! She never even told her that she was going on a date! Now she has to. Probably when she's off of work she will. Knowing her friend, she will drown her with questions. She then remembered when they first met. They had to do some project together in first grade and they got paired up. (y/n) wasn't one to talk, but (best friend's name) managed to get words out of her. She was one of those people who you can feel comfortable with. 

She giggled, remembering how she purposely glued the class's turtle to her hair so she can get (y/n) to laugh. Which worked, but she had gotten in trouble and gotten sent to the principle's office with the turtle still attached to her hair. Her friend was a wild one, but she was good. They would hang out all the time and they still do, but right now (best friend's name) is trying to find herself a job. She then ran over the memories she had with her friend, laughing at quite a few of them.

While thinking of all of her happy memories, she accidentally bumped into someone. "A-Ah! I'm so sorry! I wasn't paying attention to where I was going!" (y/n) quickly said, waving her hand out in front of them.