Chapter 4

"So, (y/n), what did you want to talk about?" (best friend's name) asked, biting into her sandwich. (y/n) took a sip of her coffee, trying to think what to tell her friend about her boyfriend. They both sat at a cafe that wasn't Anteiku. She was afraid that her friend might attack Kaneki, threatening to hurt him while hurting him. 

Her friend was super over-protective and wanted to make sure that (y/n) was kept happy. She still remembered the events that happened two days ago with the purple haired man and what he said about everyone. Which was the other reason why she didn't want to go over to Anteiku. She just wants to forget what he said.

"Well, you know how you said that I'll get a boyfriend if I don't try standing out?" she asked, rubbing the back of her neck. Her friend nodded, taking another bite of her sandwich. "Well, I have a boyfriend. He asked me out and I didn't need to stand out. He liked me and wanted to go out on a date and now we're dating. And we kissed, which was my first kiss, and I'm going over to his house on Saturday to watch a movie and cuddle with him."

There was a moment of silence. There was a dead look in her friend's eyes, her mouth hanging open. (y/n) slowly ate her cookie, cold neck running down her neck. She has no idea what she was thinking and she was nervous. Scratch that. Scared. Her friend only shook her head and smiled at (y/n).

"Good for you! I honestly thought that you were never going to get a boyfriend, but looks like you did! But, if he ever, EVER, hurts you, I wouldn't hesitate to hurt him," she growled, a dark aura glowing around her. (y/n) let out a nervous chuckle, relieved that her friend didn't go crazy and tried to hunt him down. "I would like to meet him sometime though."

"I will introduce you to him, but not now. Just until we're comfortable with introducing each other to our friends," she said, adding a little bit of more sugar to her coffee. She took a sip of it and sighed, setting it down. "I really do like him and would hope that you approve of him."

"Anything for you my friend!" she said, patting (y/n)'s shoulder. She only nodded, taking another bite of her cookie. 

"Do you want a bite of my cookie?" she asked (best friend's name). She hesitated at first, and then nodded. She took her cookie and took a bite, handing it back to her.

"It delicious! No wonder you love cookies so much! Well, I'll be right back, I need to take a piss," she said, getting up and heading over to the bathroom. (y/n) nodded and pulled out her book and started to read it. She then heard her friend slid back into her seat.

"Wow, that was fast. Did you pee your pants or something?" she chuckled, looking up from her book. Her mouth hung open, her eyes wide. It was that purple haired man! "You again? What do you want this time?"

"Whoa, whoa, calm down Minou! I wanted to apologize for the other night. It wasn't very kind of me to be in your apartment without your consent first. That was terribly rude of me," he said, clutching onto his heart as if it was in pain. She deadpanned. He was very dramatic.

"Is that all? Because it looks like you have more on your mind than that," she spat, burying her nose into her book. She really didn't want to talk to him. "And my name isn't Minou!"

"Then what is it then?" he asked, putting his left leg over his right one and sat back, folding his hands. She only glared at him. "Heh, I guess I'll go first, since we haven't properly introduce each other yet. My name is Tsukiyama Shuu."

"Tsukiyama? Wait, aren't you some big company or something?" she questioned, putting her book down. His eyes beamed in success as he caught her full attention.

"My father owns his company, I'm only his son, but we are wealthy. And that doesn't change our attitude towards people of course, because people need to be treated with respect, right miss?"