Chapter 11

It's been four days since (y/n) had last seen Kaneki. Whenever she would call him, he wouldn't answer nor call back. When she texted him, no response. He didn't even bother to text her back. Figuring something was up, she went over Anteiku to see if he had stayed there. He wasn't. In fact, he hasn't been working there either. Touka wouldn't answer any of her questions and would threaten to kick her out if she didn't have anything to order. (y/n) lives in his apartment. 

Last month she had moved in with him and it was actually quite enjoyable. They would cuddle, watch movies, and read books. Kaneki had to deal with her mood swings when she was on her period, but luckily, the week had passed and she was off of it. That month was over and now it was December. December fourteenth to be exact. One day, Kaneki had left for work and he just never came back.

She was now starting to get worried. Her sweet, adorkable boyfriend has been missing for four days and she has no idea where is is. He hasn't been answering any of her texts or calls. Pacing around the apartment, she began to think something bad happened to him. Like, he's been attacked and a ghoul killed him. She shook her head. He's half ghoul! 

He told her that he had fought before and won, so the discarded the thought of him being attacked and dead out of her mind. Rubbing her chin, she began to think about Touka. She has been a little snappish at her whenever she would ask about Kaneki and try to dodge her whenever she seen her in public. Maybe she knew something (y/n) didn't. Apparently, Hide didn't know where Kaneki was either.

He had asked (y/n) about him, and she told him truthfully. No one knows where he his and what happened. At least, that's all she knows. Anteiku was getting to be a little suspicious. They seemed to dodge anything about the subject of Kaneki or tried to change the subject. It got to the point where (y/n) sat in the corner of the cafe and sulked, taking tiny sips of her coffee. She could feel some stares from Touka and could sense the gilt. 

All she wanted to know where her boyfriend was. Was that so wrong? Or did he just pick up and leave? That thought made (y/n) freeze in her tracks, her eyes widening. No, he wouldn't do something like that. If he were to leave, he would tell her about it first. Like he always does. Whenever he goes somewhere, he makes sure to tell her, even when they aren't together and are at work. He would make sure that she knows where he was at all times and she done the same for him.

So she scratched that thought and continued pacing. His birthday was coming up and she really wanted to celebrate it with him. She just hoped that he would come back soon. Sighing, she sat on the couch, her legs tingling from all the pacing. In the corners of her eyes she could feel tears prick out, climbing their way up and begging to fall down. She really did miss him.

 All she wanted to know if he was safe so that she could relax, but no one was telling her anything. The worry grew inside of her and she was getting sick of it. It was like a sickening feeling waiting to burst out. The anxiety made her chest tighten. She had some many thoughts. She really wished she was told the truth. What she hated the most was when it was avoided.

(y/n) buried her face into her hands, crying. "I-I miss y-you Kaneki. Please, please come back. I just want you to come back home," she sobbed, her entire body trembling. Only a few tears fell, nothing more. She had been crying the past two days because she was worried and no one was telling her nothing about the person she loves. (best friend's name) had to calm (y/n) down yesterday, because she was wailing and sobbing horribly. She really did love Kaneki and she wanted to make sure he was okay.

 A few sniffles came out of her and she looked up at the TV, almost glaring at it. She wanted answers and she wanted them now. Wiping away at her face, she grabbed a tissue and blew her nose into her, getting all of the snot out of hit. She threw the tissue away and went to the front door. (y/n) put her shoes on and left, slamming the door shut.