Part One: Chapter 1

■■■

.--.

Monday in Collinscean University starts the first day of another school year. Some are the seniors who are very much excited to cross the finish line and start creating their life, doing the career they love. And the ones that almost matches their anticipation for the graduation, are the freshmen. . .some are terrified though. Starting college is not just being introduced to a new environment and school, but also, you need to know how to do your laundry. Your mom won't be around all the time anymore. Students are leaving their homes to study and to one day pursue their dream job.

Ehem, let's cut to the real deal. Whilst every freshies are having extremities with their emotions, this girl in black and grey turtle neck sweater just came out the door of her apartment. A bigger guy called her brother hugged her for the nth time, wishing her good luck.

Autumn has long Ash Brown hair done with perfect waves, thanks to her older brother. "You're sweating more than me, Kyle." She giggled and teased her duplicate sibling.

"Of course! I wouldn't want you to have a bad start in college like I had three years ago." Kyle in green fitted shirt tucked his invisible long hair behind his ear.

"Oh shut up," Autumn laughed. "I gotta go, just chill alright?"

Kyle dropped it and said their 'adios' once again and finally allowed her to leave the apartment. Being the good bro he is, he volunteered to give her boyish sister's new apartment a little make-over. On the other hand, Autumn started walking along the streets of Maliard towards her new learning station, not bothering to hire a cab. Deciding to walk seems a good idea for her so she can start familiarizing with the area since she will be here for the next four years. The distance will only take her up to 15 minutes, "That's like only three to four songs." She thought to herself then proceeded to enjoy the melody and the voice of Halsey in Strange Love.

After Autumn passed the security, giving them a peek of the inside of her handbag, she traveled under the trees leading to her course's department. She got inside the enormous building. Group of friends are walking in different directions, obviously thrilled of the whole 'First day of freshmen' setting. Lucky them, she thought. Her best friend wanted to study in Collinscean University with her but the parents insisted that she will study abroad instead.

Autumn shook her head in nostalgia and proceeded to her assigned locker. She unlocked and loaded it with some of the things she won't need for the day. One by one, she arranged her books and clear notes inside when a boy bumped into her really hard, causing her books to scatter. The boy seems nervous and embarrassed to look at her for he was running in full sprint and wasn't really looking. He frantically apologized, "I'm so sorry."

Autumn was going to say that it's fine but while he is backing away, he bumped again into another girl. Autumn's eyes darted from the guy to the girl that is wearing what seems to be a softball uniform. The athletic girl has intense dark green eyes that seems to sparkle as if it is the rarest pair of eyes. Flush pink lips and spotless face.

Green eyed looked at the freshman boy with piercing glare and spat, "Watch where you're going, kid."

He was more scared of the second victim of his dorkiness than Autumn. Again, he apologized and fled the area.

Autumn and the green eyed are left looking at each other, both wondering why the other is looking. When the green eyed beauty completely registered Autumn's eyes in her memory, it was like seeing the sun again after a century of darkness. She saw something warm and in-explainable but she was certain to describe it as beautiful. Although the attraction is mostly one sided at the moment, Autumn will not deny the strangeness painted on the girl's face, and how she makes Autumn expect college to be more interesting now.