Chapter 48

Athan was frozen. Like she still couldn't comprehend what was going on. Theodore? Out of everyone, he was one of the last one she'd suspect to be a traitor. According to her, her father Eliodore is more capable of such betrayal.

"H-how?" She stuttered.

Theo walked closer with a sly smile, "How what? How could you be such an idiot or how could be such a woke legend to actually make a good choice?"

"Why the fuck are you doing this?"

He chuckled humorlessly, "Because all this division should end."

"For what?'

"For everyone's benefit of course?"

Athan scowled incredulously, " WHAT?! AAAAAAAAARH!" One of Athan's wings was unexpectedly chopped of by Baldassare.

"NOOO!" Autumn shouted from where she is still unseen and unheard. Her hands trembled as she had mental debate to show herself of follow her lover who is currently in anguish.

Athan managed to face her brother as her wing instantly grew back to Baldassare's dismay. Just as she was going to attack, huge and thick smoldering chains snaked from her feet and around her wings, sending her to the ground grunting. "Hurry and finish her." Theo commanded Baldassare, her head turning from left to right contemplating where Autumn might be hiding. She could feel her. She's nearby.

Baldassare dove right into her chained sister, sending wild bone wrecking jabs. Autumn kneeled tears already falling on her cheeks. "Please...Please Athan's get up.."

As if Athan heard her, she broke the chains. After a swift upper cut to Baldassare's chin, Athan easily strangled him with one hand. Her violence was raging. "He-help.." He squeaked mercifully for Theo to hear as it was impossible to get away from the solid grip around his neck.

"For fuck's sake." Theo grumbled. He ran after them with a black sword coming out of his hands. Athan, without looking at him, gripped his wrist from behind. "Cocky bitch." Theodore spat. His appearance started to change. Thick horns grew from both sides of his forehead. His color became a dark red. Tail and skeletal wings appeared on his back as his strength multiplied. (A/N somewhat like the picture/mv above)

Athan decided to kill Baldassare later and threw him on the cold ground. The dirt crumbled until a there was a rectangular hole and a coffing waiting inside for him. Baldassare was about to fly to a safer place when arms of death people stretched out to stop him. He screamed and shout but he was versus Athan's power and because of that, he was literally helpless even if those were just hands of some dead people. The coffin closed, eating and trapping him alive. At least as long as Athan wants to.

Athan and Theodore jumped from each other just to attack again in a steadfast quick combat.

"Autumn." She heard her name being called within the house. Her head snapped back to see an old friend standing near her with a sympathetic smile. Her eyes widened, heart swelled in pleasure. "Zoeey!" Autumn almost jumped when she hugged her friend. Zoeey smiled, rubbing her back up and down. "You came back! You promised you were going to be here and you are!" Autumn pulled her closer to the edge showing Zoeey of the current combat. "Zoe, let's go. We need to help. You've gotten so strong Zoeey, what did you do? I feel radiating all over you." She faced Zoeey again as the latter remained silent. "Hey..? Are you alright? We have to move.." Autumn caressed her arm.