Chapter 15

■■■

44

I've been walking around the apartment, packing some things I want to bring when I go back to visit mom and Kyle for two days. Athan was sitting in my living room since she brought me home from school. She has class today but she chose not to attend. She insisted she attended school and universities again and again more than I can imagine. Athan was just doing that for past time and swimming as hobby.

As I habitually poke my head out my door to check on her because I think it's gotten very silent, she kept rubbing her temple, as if anxious about something. I let it go though.

We've already talked about the girl we encountered at the bar last week and to her and Thyone's suspicion, she is a succubus. She has the ability get into your dreams and switch form. She can also be really tricky and gain energy by having sex.

We also had our first class with Athan in her swimming class. I still had no idea why she replaced our original instructor. After rummaging my closet again to find the sweater my mom gave me last year, I also found my cute bunny ears head band and wore it. I fixed my hair to one side in the mirror and straightened my jacket that goes down to my middle thigh, covering my short.

I walked out my room. Athan was resting her elbows on her knees, her thumb pushing her lower lip. She was still in deep thought.

"Hey! I'm done." I said lively and smiled to eliminate some lonely vibes.

She averted her eyes to me and immediately smiled when she saw me. She eyed my clothes, specially my tiny bunny ears.

"You look so darn cute even though it seems to be too small for you."

Smiling, I stood beside her. "Thanks. So do you want anything? You seem to be a bit off."

"Well. . ." She scratched her temple again. "I'm just worried. I'm not comfortable."

I sat beside her and tried to look directly in her face but failed for she kept looking away. "Why?" I asked and slowly made her to face me.

Athan shrugged, "Because you'll be away for some days and I. . .I don't think I will be at peace or relaxed. . ."

"Okay. . ?" I waited as she collected her thoughts for a second. "Just know you can tell me anything, Athan."

She nodded and inhaled, "Look," she took my hand that is on my lap and looked worried at me, "I-I don't mean to be weird, freaky or fast but. . .but, I really think I should come with you. . . I mean, we don't, and I don't have to stay in your mother's house. I can check in some hotels and if anything bad happens, I'll know it. And I'll be there to get you quick. . . Autumn there are creatures after you, Spell-bounds and, and that succubus, we don't know what she wants. . . I. . .I'm just so worried about you but-"

I was smiling when I cut her off before she could make another sentence and allowed her to breathe. It's really touching to see her nervous and worried about me. I don't think I can reject someone as thoughtful as her.