Part Four: Chapter 16

Unsettled

■■■

•46•

"Should I call her Mrs. Rathmoore or just Sandra?"

Autumn smiled, "Whatever you like is fine."

We were seated inside the taxi, on the way to her home when I asked again, "Are we near yet?"

"Yes. My ass is numb!"

Let me feel it. Athan thought. But. Doesn't Autumn feel the nervousness coming out of my pores? Damn. I know there's no reason but this is her mom and her brother. I know I really shouldn't stress much about this. I've known her just for a short period of time, but how her relatives will think of me and look at me is important. What if we really did end up together but they don't like me? What if I slipped and spill my coffee on Mrs. Rathmoore's clothes? I know that doesn't happen but, what if?

I can just hope Kyle and Mrs. Rathmoore is very considerate when it comes to Autumn's-

"We're here."

My eyes widened when I heard that. I'm thankful she couldn't hear my heart pumping like I can when it comes to her. She was collecting some of the things as I sat beside her, subtly having a panic attack.

A vampire. Panicking.

It's been more than 400 hundred years ago since I've been this nervous meeting a girl's parent.

I am even surprise there is still something that can make me feel such emotion.

Not even thinking, I quickly went out to open her door the moment the taxi stopped. As I helped her out, she was giving me the eye. I paid the driver and as we stood on the sidewalk, she scolded. "What was that?" I lifted my eyebrows. "You got out the taxi in supernatural speed. He could've noticed."

"I did? Sorry, I didn't know. . ."

I looked at her home. It was mainly painted with white and beige. A wooden chair on the porch. A hanging cage with Lovebirds tweeting. Umbrella stands beside the door. Some plants surrounding the house. And a mat.

"Let's go." Autumn started walking as I heard someone about to open the door. I gulped and catch up to her before I'm left alone on the sidewalk. Keeping a straight face, I waited beside her.

When finally Mrs. Rathmoore showed herself, I was amazed, she was as lovely as Autumn! They don't look much alike but they give off the same aura.

Tenderness.

"Mom!" Autumn ran and Mrs. Rathmoore welcomed her in a tight hug.

It was melting to see them like that. Being normal and happy.

When Mrs. Rathmoore took notice of my presence after having a short chat with her beautiful daughter, she asked. "Autty, who's your friend." She smiled at me, "Come in!"

"Good afternoon Mrs. Rathmoore." I greeted and walked closer to them.

•47•

"Let me take your bag Eight." Mrs. Rathmoore insisted.

"Oh it's fine but thank you. And it's-"

"Very heavy! What do you have in here?" She said laughing as she completely took my backpack from me.

"I'll take that mom." Autumn snatched it from her mother. After smiling at me, she struggled to keep my bag off the floor. I'm not surprised. Her mentality is powerful but her body is not meant for tough work. She is a princess that only needs to sit and be served.