Chapter 35

Twilight

97

"Should this be the last thing I see?" Autumn sang along to the faint sound of the music downstairs. She was sat, leaning against the headboard while she brushed Athan's eyebrow. On the vampire's serene face, shadow of vanilla curtains danced. Emerald eyes fluttered open, looking up at Autumn who smiled at her instinctively. Athan grinned, scooting up to Autumn's waist where she buried her face. They both stayed like that listening to the voice of Ed Sheeran.

Autumn turned her girlfriend's head gently, to place a soft kiss on Athan's forehead. She paused after, sweet chocolate eyes stared deep into the vampire's emerald gems. "Good morning." Athan said, getting lost in the sight of Autumn.

"You look so beautiful in this light,
Your silhouette over me.
The way it brings out the green in your eyes,
Is the Tenerife Sea." The witch sang, smiling through it.

Athan's face lit up ten times to the sound she heard. Biting her lip, she propped herself on her elbow and hugged Autumn's waist tighter. Autumn giggled and continued to brush her hair.

It was 8am and wasn't snowing, the sun clearing the sky could be seen through the window pane. "I love this song. What's it called?"

Autumn's eyes winded. "Ow wow. You don't know? For real?" She asked her girlfriend.

The green eyed girl pouted and shook her head no. "Let me guess though. So In Love by Ed She?"

Autumn laughed, brushing the hair on the vampires face. "Not even close. It's Tenerife Sea." She beamed.

Satisfied and eager, Athan rolled to the other side of the bed, grabbing her phone. "I'm downloading that."

The brunette giggled. "I wonder who's playlist is playing."

Before either of them could guess somebody knocked on their door. "It's open." Athan said with her phone still in her hand.

The door revealed Thyone, wearing a gray blue Ralph Lauren button up shirt and white tight jeans. "Guys, breakfast." She stated simply and before she could move on, Athan asked surprised. "You cooked breakfast? That's a first." She chuckled sitting up.

"Yeah well," The tall blond shrugged. "Mom basically forced me to. She said I was the eldest and blah blah those shit. So you better go down and eat what I cooked and I have to hear compliments." Thyone said before shutting the door closed.

Athan walked around and pulled both Autumn's hands to get up. Instead, the shorter girl jumped on Athan to a koala hug. She showered Athan's neck with closed lip kisses. "Carry me to the bathroom!" She exclaimed as if shouting this is Sparta.

Giggling, Athan hugged her torso and went to bathroom. They brushed their teeth and washed their faces. The entire duration of it consisted of hip nudging and making faces in the mirror. After that they headed down to the kitchen still wearing their onesies. Autumn wore a white rabbit onesie with bunny ears and Athan wore a panda. They entered the kitchen with their hoods on, noticing the stack of paint adjacent to the few gym equipments at the corner or the living room.

"Hey, what's with the paint?" Athan asked to anyone who has the answer.

"After lunch we're going to paint the house." Maia said, turning around and placing the pancakes on the plate while Thyone distributed glasses and pitcher of orange juice and fresh milk.

"Why, what's wrong with the current color?" She asked her mom moving inside and pulling Autumn with her.

"Brown and maroon all over this place is not relaxing at all. It's too dark. You kids became how other people sees us. Or how film makers sees us. This house needs to be more homey."