10 - Mountain

■■■

.25.

With my eyes still closed, I can feel my body jounce. Grunting, I reached for my head and felt a bandage covering a portion of it which made me open my eyes. I saw a forest. Trees, lots of it. And vines. Now I realized I'm riding Eight's back, my left arm wrapped around her neck. I lightly shook my head.

"How are you feeling?" Eight asked me with her eyes straight ahead. I then saw One and another boy I don't know a thing about is with her.

When he saw me studying him, he smiled and exclaimed. "She's awake!"

One looked at me as well. "Great." She plainly said and went back to walking.

"Eight." I said swatting the back of my neck for I just felt a bug crawling. "What happened, where are we?"

"Our car was hit. Now we're in the Lifeless mountain."

"What? Where?" I swear to god I've never heard of such a place before.

"This is a hidden place. Only the supernaturals have access to this place."

"Okay. . . ? What are we doing here?" I tried to get a little peek of her face because oddly, it felt like I will feel better if I get a better view of it. Unfortunately, Eight ducked down and cautioned me to "Watch out." It's too late to watch out a for thick branch wrapped with vines already slapped me in the face.

"Ouch!" Rubbing my face back to comfort, she explained.

"For help."

"Help?"

"Yeah."

I snapped, "Like what help?! Can you be more vague?"

"To summon demons."

"Summon. . . What?"

"Demons, you better work on your hearing."

Growing more annoyed, I groaned. "I heard demons but that doesn't sound right." And then suddenly, like a switch, something clicked in my memory. "Wait." I tried to see more of her and looking fully at the left side of her smooth-as-mannequin face, I added to my question. "Before I passed out. . . I remember you said something about vampires. And that you and One are vampire hunters."

"We're not vampire hunters, we are vampires." One chimed in.

"It's really awesome if you asked me." The only guy said giggling like an excited child.

"Wait, again." I straightened my back with my hand still glued to Eight's shoulder, "Are you guys some lunatic Twilight fans? I'm concerned that you may need some help. . ."

I heard Eight smirked, "You think we need help when you're the one here who's bleeding."

"Huh?" I remember the bandage and touched it again lightly. When I saw the tip of my fingers, it's now covered in a small amount of blood. My blood. "Oh my god."

"Yeah." I heard Eight say before she swiftly move and in a blink, she's holding me up bridal style. I was caught off guard but immediately drowned in the depths of her green eyes. Our faces were so close I can smell her minty breath.

"Ba-bambam." Eight stuttered looking into my eyes, "Your jacket."

"Oh right." This Bambam guy then shuffled out of his jacket.

Slowly, Eight put me down on Bambam's jacket. When she backed up, I looked at the ground and I screamed in shock to see the mud almost black and a dirty human finger crawling like a worm beside me. "Mommyyyy!!!"