Chapter 27

Unwanted

•81•

"So that's it," Thyone fixed, her arms crossed and hands tucked between her armpits. "13 powerful witches and Anne is coming back and you get your moonstone. Everybody happy." She stated, annoying most of the people in the room.

Athan looked across the room, her eyes landing on Autumn who's uncomfortable as well. She bit her lip and looked down. Not exactly knowing what to do to make her girlfriend feel better. She knew that Autumn was anxious about the whole idea of bringing back her fiancee to life and that she felt threatened. Even Athan herself isn't sure what would happen to the two of them, or three, when the resurrection became successful, yet she admit that the though of seeing Anne again excited her.

Gian scoffed, "Only those who barely care is happy." She expressed bitterly for they still aren't at least a step closer in getting her sister back.

Lio stood up from where he was sat, the unicorn stuffed toy he'd won after spending huge amount of coins in the arcade trying to win it, was still in his hands. He went closer to the wooden table at the center of the room. His eyes were finally dry as he spoke to Theodore after nights and days of solitary from his friends. "Promise me Theo, you will try to find her Tiara." He said bringing up the previous topic, almost begging.

Theodore was visible in the floating water mirror just above the table. The witch looked at him with a little sympathy. "I will. But I can't promise we can bring her back."

The words hit Gian and Lio so hard their eyes begun to sting again. They know there is no guarantee Tiara is still alive but the boy was persistent. "Yeah... But if we can bring Anne back-"

Theodore stepped in his mid sentence, "No," he sighed heavily, never really in favor of rejecting his biological son, "I'm afraid that is where I will stop helping you. Bringing Anne back is already a huge and terrible mistake. It's dangerous and destructive."

"But," Lio tried but failed again as Theodore made his final decision. "No Lio, I only agreed to this because Anne is not just any human but Tiara is a different story."

Lio hung his head in defeat, already thinking of other ways he could do it without the help of others.

"Alright." Thyone filled in the silence as she fished her keys in her back pocket. "I'm going." All eyes was on her again. She approached Gian and planted a soft kiss on her temple. "I'm really sorry baby. But this is important."

Gian gave her a cold shoulder. Not just that she is hurt for the lack of her girlfriend's support but she's suspecting Thyone for infidelity. Thyone was being secretive and was recently not acting like herself. She knew Gian was still in a depressed state and it was very disrespectful of Thyone to act as if everything was alright.

She ignored her leaving Thyone to excuse herself to her sister and the others. "I'm really sorry, please, I'll call and update me on what's going on..." She sighed and put on her jacket, finally finding her way out of the room.

It was silent again.

"Athan, I will speak to Heleyna and act on what we've talked about. For now, we all need to be patient and cautious all of the time." He averted his eyes to Jareth who is currently standing in the dark corner of the room. "Jareth, look for the book that I mentioned Thyone stole from me and let Autumn have a go with it. Everyone needs to be as secured as they can."