Chapter 29

Attempt

•86•

Athan

I'm so sick of the noise and people are humping on each other. My head is starting to pound at the irritation and I can only blame myself. Thinking that going to a club will get my head away from things. Boy, how wrong I was. It's not even slightly entertaining to me anymore like it used to. After I paid the waitress for my bill, she finally approached me after 30 minutes of giving signals.

"Going home already?" She looked at me intently with her cocky smirk leaning towards the counter, making her breast look even bigger.

I just sighed and shrugged getting off the stool.

"Aw, why? The night is still young honey." She flirted.

I gave her a dumb look. "I know and I decided to stop wasting the rest of it in here." I spoke rudely leaving her alone.

I forced the exit open since there were people leaning on it from the outside. Two of them tripped, glaring at me as I pass. I pushed my hands in my coat pocket since I didn't wear any gloves. Hearing them curse at me, I raised my right hand giving them the bad finger. If they aren't so stupid they wouldn't be leaning against the door.

I was so excited to get away from those humans and drive my way back home I reached my car quicker than I planned. My car door slammed as I got in, resting my head on the steering wheel.

"Stupid fucking idiot." I cussed letting all my irritation transfer into words.

It's not really that the bar was huge bore but I just...I'm so annoyed at every little thing. Not that I mean to but...I just...I miss her. And I know that is not an excuse for being rude but I couldn't cry all the time, right? Or maybe I can. But of course that I won't admit.

Being alive for almost four and a half century I figured what my defense mechanism was. Unlike Thyone who fuck around and be a pain in the ass, I was more the type of shutting people out. I know it's fucking cliche and trust me I want it to sound more interesting but that's just it. Thyone appears as a happy and carefree stud who can have a shitty attitude that pushes people down the canyon for a good prank. And me... I'm boring when I'm hurt. I drink, yes. I liked sleeping with different women, yes. I'm definitely rude as well. But that's it. It takes a lot of effort to make me open up. Because sharing your story is not the same as sharing sand to build a sand castle at the shore. You share your story, your feelings, you give away a part of you that is very important. Also, in times like this I'm mostly negative. I know I'm a vampire but that don't excuse me from a mental break down. But I'm not having a breakdown. God I'm such an emo. Where the fuck is that wine.

I reached behind, feeling the car floor until I got a hold of the black bottle.

"Now this is the fucking real deal." I muttered as I popped the cork free from the bottle and chugged down mouthfuls of it's content.

I know it's me that's ruining my relationship with Autumn but what else am I supposed to do? Tell her I'm choosing her over Anne? I'd say that if I'm sure because the memories of Anne is still fresh. I know every single detail of it like the back of my hand. My feelings for her are still fresh, my feelings for her never went away. I love her the same way the night I promised her my life. It's stupid and I know I'm being a jerk and a 'fuckboy' but I'm just trying to be truthful here. I wish there's a spell that can clone me so I can be with the both of them. I can't let one go. The only shot I think I have to do that is to convince them into a polygamy. Which is another stupid thing.

Dammit!

I punched the steering wheel and accidentally pressing the horn making the other people outside look at my directions. Whatever. My car is tinted anyway.