Chapter 25

Meteor

•74•

"Are you sure it's alright to leave Lio and Tiara alone in the house?" Autumn asked the vampire as the made their way to the inside of the plane. Athan lifted their combined things in one bag and pushed it in the compartment.

"Yeah, who could we leave Lio to? He's tougher than any baby sitter in town." Said Athan who let Autumn sit beside the window.

"I don't know... I feel something bad."

Athan gave and assuring smile and rubbed her girl's hand with her thumb, "They'll be fine. Besides, Gian will pick Tiara up after her shift and Jareth will be back soon as well."

Autumn shifted uncomfortably in her seat. "Athan, c'mon. There must be someone you know who can watch them at least til Jareth is back. I really feel something bad is going to happen..."

Athan looked at her for a second and sighed. She nodded and fished her phone in her pocket before dialing.

Athan waited for Jasper to pick up.

Jasper on the other side was grinding his sweaty body to a female in a cocktail dress. The ringing of his phone and blinking of its screen went completely unnoticed. The music was loud, the dance floor was packed and Jasper was already drunk, making out with the girl.

Athan sighed beside Autumn as her call was lead to a voicemail. She proceeded, "Hey Jas," she said politely. "Sorry it's bit late but maybe if you're not too busy, you can come by at our house and watch over Lio and Tiara just until Jareth gets back. Thanks."

She ended the call and shrugged. Autumn nodded and thanked her before looking out the window again.

Athan was watching her and she could see the girl felt really uneasy about leaving the pre-teens alone.

•75•

Lio was lying on his back, waiting for the Cheetos to enter his mouth. That is if Tiara will shoot it this time.

"Wider, sleazo." Demanded Tiara who sat beside him, holding up the piece of junk food.

"Psh. You still won't be able to shoot it." He said and frowned when the Cheeto landed on his left eye. "Ouch!"

"I couldn't concentrate, shut up."

Lio gave her a glare. Tiara tried to shoot pieces of snack in his mouth but failed.

"Ugh!"

Lio laughed and mocked her, "Nitwit."

Tiara flipped her hair to one side and rolled her eyes. "Shut up. Let me try again."

Lio didn't obey. "Forget it. You're horrible at this, you can't beat me when I already kicked you ass-"

Lio was surprised when a handful of Cheerios smacked his face, two of it entered his mouth. He sat up immediately while chocking. Tiara stood up, laughing at her friend.

"I hate you." Lio said under his breath but the young girl heard it.

"No you don't, you love me." She smiled and kneeled beside Lio. The boy started to blush terribly while looking at his blonde friend.

The moment between them was interrupted when the front door swung open and revealed Zoeey. She was surprised to see two kids since she expected the house to be empty. "Uh, hey."