Chapter 39

The Return

•106•

When Autumn went past through the cemented arch of the open door she realized she was the only person they were waiting for. She bowed her head timidly, muttering her sincere apology.

The room is a huge and shaped into a circle. There were 13 main witches that will lead the ritual. She didn't know every one but she recognized Theodore, Heleyna, Caleb, Maia, two other Noble Pioneers whom she couldn't recall the names and the rest were witches from the coven the Maia, Heleyna and probably Theo chose to be suitable. There were 13 stripes of thin pure silver in the middle that resembled the shape of an egg. The bottom of the thin silver rods were buried in the same center ground, curving outward as it reached the middle, the other end meeting at the top, completing the oval. There were also silver plated on the ground surrounding the egg which they will soon stand on when the ritual start.

The brunette looked to her side and she saw some of her friends in their window position looking at her with an unreadable expression. Nearest to her was Jareth then Thyone, Lio and Gian. To her other side she saw Arone which nearly made her trip. She gave him a smile and a look they says you're here too?! But as soon as she realized it isn't such a good thing because he would witness how broken hearted she will be after so she quickly diverted her smile into pursing her lips and nodding at him. She walked right next to Maia where her place is, Caleb stood from across the room eyeing everyone intently and relaxing himself. Theo and Heleyna were a few witches away from her. She received a nod from the two powerful witch and she quickly returned the gesture.

The entrance she just went through finally revealed Athan who's face is covered in drying tears. Everyone noticed but she didn't care. Her eyes were empty and couldn't meet Autumn's the the brunette looked back to check on her. Athan walked to her mother and Maia rubbed her arm soothingly, telling her where she should stand until Anne is resurrected. She simple nodded and stepped back again, beyond the golden lane separating the 13 main witches and the back ups.

Although they all have great control over their energy, they all agreed on using a wand just to avoid unwanted misdirection of their of power. Even Autumn already mastered how to control her power and where to aim it.

"Let's begin." Caleb announced once everyone are in their rightful places and the 13 witches stepped on the silver plate that are somewhat elevated from the ground. They had their wands in the hands their accustomed of.

Fifteen minutes they stood calming their nerves and clearing their heads. Fifteen minutes of Athan feeling fearful and excited. Very emotional in general. She knew she had to clear any unnecessary thoughts as well even though she isn't one of the 13. So she tried to. When managed to calm her hammering heart, she looked up to the high ceiling of the room and was taken aback by the number of efficere she saw floating above their heads. She could bet there are even other efficerees overlapping the room. In her vision she could assume about there were more than two hundred of them, bodies like smoke and all of them looking at the center, the egg shape metal rods. There were too many of the and the room is too big and Lio said Autumn had 40 efficerees surrounding her just when she started using her power, the outside of the structure must look like a tree with hundreds, maybe thousand of slaved souls hovering around. Souls that are striving to see the light and rest in the upper realm.

13 very powerful and respected witches all come together to bring back the love of her life.

After another moment, Autumn and the rest started speaking in Latin. They all stored the words in their mind. It sounded like a prayer but it was delivered very calmly and next thing Athan saw was every one of them poured their wands to the center. She could see fire in their eyes and over flowing energy. The efficerees hands were aimed at the center as well, their physique looked more foggy..