Chapter 20

Reacquainted

•59•

They found Sandra lying on the kitchen floor. Autumn ran immediately and held her mother in her arms as Sandra started to cry again, covering her face with bruised hands. Autumn felt almost numb. She was crying all through out their way and Arone wanted to be left alone inside Athan's car. The whole house felt haunted that night.

Athan noticed the whole place was a mess and the living area where she stood was dark. She noticed a writing on the wall that was a blind spot from where Sandra and Autumn was mourning.

To confirm what she saw, she flicked the light on that blinked a few times before it was steady. The picture frames that used to be on the wall were scattered on the floor, replaced by a vandalism of fresh blood.

"Autumn you're next x"

Athan's blood boiled in anger. She could picture Barcelona in her head being ripped into pieces limb by limb.

Autumn stood up when she noticed something was wrong. She followed Athan in their messy living room and saw the blood covered wall. She gasped, feeling her knees tremble in fear. Will she be dead soon? "What the. . ." She walked closer in horror and asked Athan, "Is this. . ?"

Athan nodded hesitantly to confirm her it was Kyle's blood.

Instantly, Autumn's fear turned into anger. Her fists shook beside her, Athan watching her closely.

Autumn picked up a photograph of Kyle on the floor, it was crossed out with his own blood, making Autumn growl furiously. Her whole body was shaking along with the furniture of the house. The light bulbs blew out, alarming both Athan and Sandra. The longer Autumn was inundated by her wrath, the more everything near her shook. Athan could feel her aura turn dark. The sofa and broken parts elevated by two inches due to Autumn's menacing energy.

Soon as Sandra saw what was happening with her daughter, she ran to hug her, hoping that it will calm her down. It barely helped. Crying still, Sandra spoke. "Autumn. . . Shhh. . . Calm down. . ."

Athan knew Sandra knows more than she expected. If she cannot compose Autumn back to her normal state, this house might be set on fire. Athan walked towards them, standing in front of Autumn. With one touch to her waist she made the furious girl heave back slowly to tranquility. Athan got her attention. Looking straight her now burgundy iris she could see another drop of tear threatening to fall down. She moved her face, closing their distance. After she let her lips brush Autumn's cheek she whispered in her ear.

Athan's voice was like of an angel. "Autumn... I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere... We'll be alright..." Autumn buried her neck at the crook of Athan's neck, letting a tear drop, her fingers tugging Athan's jacket as she tried to help herself get her shit together. Still not realizing the damaged she had done.

Athan massaged her back in smooth up and down strokes, freeing the words that will make Autumn forever hers. "I love you." And it made the two of them feel like the whole world had stopped.

•60•

At Kyle's funeral few days after the incident, Autumn's close relatives stood under the dark clouds. Wind blew colder. It wasn't sunny but Autumn and Sandra and some of Kyle's friends wore shades to cover the dark circle around their eyes.