Chapter 29.5

Athan stopped and looked at Autumn again, sensing the growing discomfort of the girl. She asked politely. "H-how are you? What are you thinking?" Athan held Autumn's hand and caressed it on her own stomach.

"I'm great," Autumn said half true, "I agree, I think she is a wonderful girl. No wonder she made you gaga." she let out a low chuckle, not doing anything to get her hand back. "You should continue though." I miss seeing your eyes glint in bliss even if you have to talk about another girl that you love. She kept the thought to herself, not wanting to make Athan feel remorseful for opening up.

"Are you sure?" Athan arched her brow, asking tentatively.

Autumn simply nodded. "Please. I'm happy I get to hear some of your precious time with her."

Athan nodded in apprehension as she started to pick up where she left off.

She gave Autumn's hand a little squeeze before speaking. "Years later though, we were sixteen. We were finally allowed to go places without parental guidance. So on a very impulsive day, just like every other day for us, we decided to go to a circus. It was at the end of the town and it was the first time we traveled that far. To make things interesting, we agreed to steal Jareth's clothes and wear them to the circus because we simply hated acting all lady like and we planned that night to be full of fun, rebellion and impulse so why not dress like a man so you won't get criticised because of your lousy locomotive. Also to spice things up, we decided to wear a beard. We didn't have a sewed fake one so we improvised. We sneaked in her family's barn and properly trimmed the horse's hair and then we glued it to a piece of beard shape paper and stuck it to our cheeks." Athan laughed again, the light in her eyes came back as she spoke. "I can't say it didn't work because it did. But it was totally hideous and we had to take it off even before we get to the circus because it was really irritating our faces."

Autumn joined her and giggled as well, "And who's crazy idea was that?" she asked interestedly.

"Embarrassinglly, it was mine. And I had to pay for her ticket because the plan I thought would work failed miserably." Still smiling, she shook her head at the memory.

"You were a dork since then." Autumn amusedly interjected. "But hey, if it's stupid but works, it ain't stupid."

"Surely," Athan chuckled in agreement. "It's was one of my best assets."

Gaping a bit, Autumn raised her brow playfully. "Yeah? What else are your assets princess Dork?"

Athan made a disgusted look, "Ew don't call me that." When it made Autumn giggle, she teased back. "I don't know, I guess what ever it is that captivates you." Athan smiled as she send playful wink.

Shaking her head, Autumn gave up not wanting to redirect Athan's story to their relationship. Of course she would like to hear whatever Athan have to say about it, but maybe some other time. Right now, she was totally engrossed with Athan and Anne's long-lived love story. "Okay. Going back with your story Shakespeare."

Nodding, Athan started again. "So where was I...ah- yes, the itchy beard. After we endured all that, we finally reached the circus and then we accidentally set in on fire." she finished nonchalantly.

Autumn gawked, a hand covering her mouth. "What? Seriously!?"

Athan laughed at her shocked expression as she nodded quickly. "Seriously. We were sitting with the civilians watching the show when Anne decided to be a little bitch to-ouch!" Athan feigned hurt when Autumn slapped her because of how she jokingly labeled Anne. "Anyways, she was feeling a little bored with the show so she messed with the man riding a unicycle. She made air disturbances to the cycling man with weird thick make up as he tried to cross the tight cord 30 feet off the ground peacefully. She didn't really mean to make him fall face first but when I saw what she was doing, I stopped her. I threw handful of popcorn in her face then accidentally, a sharp air cut the cord due to Anne's surprise and annoyance towards me. The man didn't fall though, he managed to hold onto one of the cord but the wheel went flying towards the ring of fire. It fell to the ground then you can picture out what happened next."