Wonders of Life

Wonders of Life:1989-2007

Wonders of Life was a pavilion in the Future World section of Epcot. It officially opened on October 30, 1989, following a soft opening on October 19. In December 2003, it was announced that the pavilion would be placed into seasonal operation beginning in January 2004. While the pavilion is still occasionally used for special events, its attractions have not been open to guests since January 2007, though indications suggest that Body Wars and Cranium Command still exist behind locked doors. Today, the pavilion is used as The Epcot Festival Center where they showcase various foods and wines during The Food and Wine Festival and many different HGTV chefs and gardeners during The Flower and Garden Festival.

The idea of a pavilion devoted to health and fitness dates back to the original concept of the EPCOT Center theme park, but no corporate sponsor could be found to cover the costs. It was not until MetLife signed on that the pavilion was finally constructed, and it featured two main attractions Cranium Command and Body Wars the first thrill ride located in EPCOT. Also featured was a theater (The Making of Me), restaurant and interactive attractions that evolved around the idea of health and wellness.

The Attentions were Body Wars, Cranium Command, The Making of Me and Goofy About Health

Now: For Epcot's International Flower & Garden Festival, the pavilion is open as a Festival Center featuring: Intermissions Café, HGTV Designers Stage, Greenhouse Stage, HGTV Theater, Ask an Expert and Planting Pointers