14

"Now you listen to me and you listen closely," Gaz was on top of Eve, pinning her on the floor so she would have no choice but to listen, "Zim, is an idiot, but idiot or not, he's dangerous. He's an alien! I've seen his base; I've seen what he's done to animals and what he plans to do to humans. Even though he's a stupid face monkey brain, I don't want you around him. Capiscé?" Gaz stared deep into Eve's eyes, which were full of disbelief.
        "But what if, even if half of what you said could really be true, what if he can change? What if a human showed him a new way to see the Earth-"
        Gaz clutched her sister's wrists with more force, causing her to whimper in pain, "Don't be such an idiot! Dib is nearly killed everyday because of that alien! How would you think he felt knowing you were hanging out with that him?" Her brow furrowed with anger. Eve knew Gaz only wanted to protect her sister, but if she only saw what she saw him Zim...
        "You don't understand! Dib doesn't understand and never will because all he wants his fame from exposing Zim's guts! I will never ever let that happen as long as I live!" Eve's body started to glow, she was losing control. Her arms  and legs began to shrink, soon she was gone. In her place was a bright, shining bird. Gaz gasped, she hadn't seen her sister transform in years, not after she had lost control. It was a secret that only she knew.
       Eve, in her bird form squawked and  flew out of Gaz's open window, not looking back.

    Meanwhile, Zim was back in his underground base, trying to figure out what he had witnessed in the forest earlier. Eve left a trail of shining light that Zim collected in a vial to study; it was some gooey substance that he'd never seen before. A life form in itself. Zim placed it under a high tech microscope, studying it's cells with one curious red eye. As he looked closer, the cells themselves began to shift and transform; soon they were an entirely new kind of cell. This transformation nearly threw Zim out of his chair, he'd only seen one substance that was capable of such metamorphosis. This girl he met was not human, and he was very intrigued.