Promises are Forever

Yoongi POV

Sometimes it's good to take chances. You never know they may pay off, and in my case it certainly did. I had taken a leap of faith by kissing Jimin, I could have made things even worse but instead here we were entangled in each other, him kissing me back.

Words can't describe how happy I was when we pulled back and I stared straight into his eyes. "Wow" I muttered under my breath, that was certainly the best kiss of my life. And God did I want more.

I was only vaguely aware of the PD Nim excusing himself from the room because I was too caught up in Jimin's eyes. They were deep enough to go swimming in. "What does this mean for us" Jimin said quietly whilst looking away shyly.

I think it is about time, I thought to myself and I drew in a long, deep breath. "Jimin" I said softly and he looked up from the spot on the floor he had been training his eyes upon.

I stood up straight and pulled something out of my back pocket before kneeling down on one knee on the carpeted floor. I heard Jimin gasp a little and I suppressed a chuckle.

Before he could say anything I quickly saved the situation by saying "don't worry Jimin I'm not making a marriage proposal, I am however making you a promise. A promise to never try to hide my true feelings for you again, and to love you for as long as we are together, till death do us part if you like."

His eyes were glassy with tears as I opened the little box I held in my fingers and revealed a small silver ring. "It's a promise ring. We have known each other for a long time now Jimin, since our trainee days and we have always been best friends but I guess until now I was too afraid to admit even to myself that I didn't just love you I was in love with you. This is my confession and my promise to you, if you will accept it, that one day we will make it known to the world that we belong to each other and only each other."

After I had finished I held my breath and bit my lip nervously until he spoke. "I'm so sorry Yoongi" he said and my face fell thinking he was going to reject me. "I'm sorry for being so caught up and infatuated with Jung Kook that I was completely blind to the only person I have ever felt a real connection with."

By this point we were both in tears and I decided to just bite the bullet and ask the question. "Jimin will you please be mine?" I asked nervously and he nodded, ecstatic. "Yes of course Yoongi!" he exclaimed and we embraced each other in a tight, desperate hug.

Quickly I took the ring out of the box and slid it onto his ring finger as though he would change his mind. Sensing my nerves, Jimin smiled at me and whispered in my ear "thank you Yoongi, I love you" and my heart stopped. He had said it, good lord he had said it. I felt so happy I could burst when I replied "I love you too."

A/N~ Arghhh YoonMin give me the feels, we all know how Jimin loves his rings so what if one day Jimin wore a promise ring from Yoongi and we didn't even notice what it was... Anyway! Thanks for reading guys, I think I'm going to wrap this story up soon so I'm really grateful to everyone who has gone on this ride with me. :) Saranghae!