three. tristan (au)

"okay, class." my teacher started, standing next to a new boy. "this is tristan and he's starting school here. be nice." he said, causing a light blush to set into tristan's cheeks.

"go and sit next to y/n." our teacher instructed and i gave a little wave to signify who i was.

there was a couple of sniggers from the back corner of the classroom and my cheeks heated up like tristan's as he looked between me and them in confusion.

he sat down next to me, saying, "hey." softly and, after just looking at him briefly, i decided i was in love with his hair, eyes and of course, his face and damn, his jawline.

i realised i hadn't replied, only looked at him, so blushed again, smiling at him.

"uh, i like your eyes." tristan said nervously.

i chuckled at how i'd just been thinking the same about him.

i grabbed my pen, writing 'thank you :)' on a pad of paper on my desk.

"i..um, are you not going to talk to me?" tristan asked, confused.

there were some sniggers from behind me and i blushed, again, and tapped my throat, shrugging and writing down, 'i can't' and tristan smiled at me, it faltering when someone behind us muttered, "what a freak."

"you should do something about them." tristan said softly.

my face fell and i wrote down 'like what? i can't say anything' with a sigh.

i started drawing flowers and vines around the edge of my page, writing lyrics i'd just thought of in the middle of it.

"you're so talented." tristan said softly and i smiled at him.

"i'm in a band, would you want to help us write sometime?" tristan offered.

i nodded, grabbing a new sheet of paper and wrote down, 'that would be lovely, thank you' and smiled at him.

"why would you want a dumbass like her to write your songs?" a guy snorted from behind me, loud enough so we could hear but not so the teacher could.

"you're disgusting. she's probably a lot smarter and kinder than you are, or ever will be." tristan snapped, turning around to them, much to my happiness and amazement.

'thank you so much' i wrote down on the piece of paper and he nodded, evidently still annoyed at those occupying the back of the classroom.

they all started laughing obnoxiously and the teacher looked up, knowing what had happened, but not really caring, waiting to see if i'd say...well, write, anything, which i normally didn't.

once the bell went, all of the people behind us ran out as quickly as possible to break and i went to hug tristan, my arms around his neck.

he wrapped his arms around my waist, hugging me back until i pulled away, touched my fingers to my lips and moved my arm down.

"is that thank you in sign language?" tristan chucked.

i nodded.

"oh, i need to learn it." he stated.

i giggled, getting another piece of paper, 'we have break now. i normally just go to the library to read/write/draw. you can make friends outside or something, if you like. lessons start again in 25 minutes'.

"i'll stay with you, if that's alright," he smiled.

i nodded and lead the way.

after school

tristan smiled at me, saying, "thank you for today." and i signed 'thank you' back, returning his smile.

"i...would you like to have dinner with me?" tristan asked softly and i nodded, smiling.

"i feel like there's a lot you kept hidden, and i'd like to know some of that." he said.

i smiled and he held my hand, walking out of school with me.

i walked out of the restaurant, tristan next to me, holding my hand again.

he lead me to his car, before i turned to him and signed, 'thank you'.

tristan cupped my cheeks and leant down slowly, kissing me softly.

i giggled and he helped me into the car, going round and getting in the other side.

"do you wanna go some place pretty?" tristan asked.

i nodded, and about thirty minutes later, tristan pulled the car up at a cliff with a beautiful view, and lay down on his bonnet, looking at the stars.

i lay next to him and he put an arm around my shoulders, cuddling me to his side.