twelve. preference

a.n. i'm here if anyone ever wants to talk x

you find out he self harms / he finds out you do

bradley

i sat on the floor in the bathroom, my wrist on my lap and blade on the floor next to me.

"princess?" i heard faintly. "princess, i'm home." bradley said, "where are you?"

a sob suddenly escaped my lips at the gentleness of his voice and how i didn't deserve him.

the bathroom door opened slowly and i mentally slapped myself for not locking it.

i looked up sheepishly when bradley entered, "i..i'm sorry i di--" i started, a blush creeping up my cheeks. fuck.

"shh." bradley said softly, sitting down opposite me.

he took my wrist and held my hand, holding my arm in his lap, caressing the skin on my hand.

"why do you do it?" he asked, sadness in his eyes.

"um, well the hate, i don't deserve you, and i..i'm not pretty or thin or--"

"stop." bradley instructed, using his other hand to tilt my chin up to look at him, "that's not true. in no way are you fat or ugly, you're so beautiful--emotionally and physically and god, i love you so so much."

i didn't reply, looking down, not really believing his words in my heart.

"baby." he spoke softly, and i looked up to meet his eyes, "please don't do this again. you don't need to. i'm here for you and i love you so much. i'll do everything i can to help you, y/n, just talk to me, yeah? don't be scared to, i want to help."

"thank you." i mumbled.

"would it be okay if i kissed you? or are you not really in the mood?" brad asked.

i smiled at him just being...well, him, and nodded, "you can kiss me."

he leant forwards, connecting our lips and kissing me softly with a lot of love.

james

i was on the treadmill in the gym near to james who was with the weights.

"can we go?" he said shortly, walking over to me.

"we've only been here half an hour." i stated, seeing as we're normally here for longer.

"yeah, i know that. can we go?" he pressed on.

i nodded, turning off the treadmill and stepping off it, "why?" i asked softly.

he didn't answer me and didn't hold my hand, walking in front of me.

"james?" i asked and he nodded slightly but didn't turn around.

deciding to leave it for now, i grabbed my stuff, noticing he now looked kind of hurt and upset.

as we walked out, i held his hand and he looked at me, a small, sad smile on his face.

we got into his car and, now that we were away from listeners, asked him again.

"are you okay?" i spoke softly.