thirty-three. james

i sighed, walking home and dumping my folders and revision material on the counter in the kitchen.

my phone started ringing and i grabbed it; incoming facetime call from: james.

i accepted, being met with his face way too close to the camera, causing me to giggle.

"hi, princess. congrats, you've done all of your exams!" he chirped.

"thank you." i spoke softly, "i miss you, at least you're coming back tomorrow."

"oh, um-" he started, his face falling, "i'm not coming home for another week. management organised a couple shows and some interviews and shoots. i only found out today."

"oh." i sighed.

"i'm so sorry, baby girl. i love you."

"it's okay. i love you too, james."

there was a knock on my door and i sighed, "i have to go, someone's here."

"alright, princess, i'll talk to you later." james said, ending the call as i got up and walked to the door.

"james?!" i squealed, wrapping my arms around his neck as his slipped around my waist and he pulled my body to his.

"surprise, baby girl. i came home today." he whispered, pulling me into the house, closing the door with his foot as he leant down to kiss me.

i smiled at the familiar feeling of his lips on mine, and i ran my fingers through his hair, playing with the ends.

"i missed you." i whined, snuggling my face into his neck.

"i missed you too." he grinned, "come on, let's go cuddle and catch up." he smiled, grabbing my hand and leading me up to my bedroom.

i undressed down to my pants, pulling one of james' t-shirts on and getting into bed, next to him just in his boxers.