Chapter Two

Holland's POV

"Hey Holland, do you wanna meet the girls?" Miles offered after the boys finished putting my things into my new room.

"Sure." I agreed, hopping off the barstool and following Miles into what looks to be the game room of this gigantic house.

I saw three girls sitting on the couch, watching the latest episode of the Bachelor.

Seems like we'll get along just fine.

"Girls this is Holland." Miles introduced.

They all looked up and smiled at me and I waved awkwardly.

"This is Lynn," Miles said pointing the girl with long black hair.

"Maci," He said pointing to the girl with medium length blonde hair.

"And last but not least, Harper." He finished, pointing to the girl with short brown hair.

"Hi." I greeted, not liking being the center of attention.

"Well I'll just leave you with your girl bonding or whatever chicks do." Miles dismissed, walking away.

They laughed and I just stood there, playing with the ends of my hair.

"Come sit." Maci offered, patting the open seat next to her. "We were just talking about how Taylor is totally scheming against Bachelor Ben."

After awhile of getting to know each other, deciding who we loved and hated on the show, and small conversation, I decided I was ready for more sleep.

"I think I'm going to go back to bed." I laughed looking at the clock that read six AM.

"Go ahead, I'll come get you when it's time for breakfast." Lynn offered and I thanked her before walking off upstairs.

I began my journey down the long, wondrous, hallway, on a mission to find my room. I turned the corner and ran into a wall, scratch that, I ran into a chest. A toned, hard, chest.

As I braced myself for the hard impact of the ground, I felt a strong arm wrap around my waist, catching me.

I looked up to see it was Cole, and my heart literally fell to my ass.

Our eyes met and I could just get lost in them, such a beautiful gray. His face remained emotionless, as if it was stuck that way, and I wondered if he was toothless since he never talked or smiled.

I was pulled out of my staring when I felt him pull me back up and on to my feet.

"Sorry." I broke the silence.

"Just watch where you're going next time, yeah?" His deep voice uttered before walking around me, down the hall.

At least now I know he isn't toothless.

After about ten minutes of searching, I finally found my room. I tossed my shoes into the corner and climbed into the new bed. It was comfortable and I could most definitely get used to it.

*

After I got out of the shower, I climbed into my bed and tried to fall asleep.

After a long day of wondering the whole house due to Carter's house tour and what to do's and what not to do's, you'd think I'd be out like a light.

I sighed as I got back up, sliding shoes on before walking downstairs to the back patio. I walked a little bit further past the pool, out in the yard to the gazebo, and sat down.

I listened to the crickets chirping and the wind blowing, trying to get out of my own head, my eyes looking up at the sky, watching as they stars danced around the moon.

"What are you doing out here?" A deep voice questioned.

"Couldn't sleep." I replied, watching as Cole sat down across from me.

He looked mesmerizing, the way the moonlight radiated off his pale skin, highlighting his ink covered skin, the light making his gray eyes shine.

"You shouldn't be out here alone, it's not safe." He stated, lighting up a cigarette, that same emotionless look on his face.

"I know how to protect myself." I dismissed, looking back up at the moon.

"Even when you're off guard?" He challenged.

"Even when I'm off guard." I repeated confidently.

I looked at him and he was looking off somewhere else. I pegged him as the non conversational type so I picked myself up and began to walk back to the house, leaving him alone.

During my walk, someone grabbed my arm, spinning me around to face them and then pinning me on the ground.

I hit the ground hard and looked up to see no one other then Cole.

"Thought you could handle yourself." He spoke with a hint of cockiness.

I flipped us over and pinned him down, whipping my pocket knife out and putting it up to his neck.

If he was shocked he didn't show it, but I saw something flash in his eyes.

"I can handle myself." I whispered in his ear before standing up.

I could hear his footsteps behind me as I walked to the house, keeping my smirk to a minimum.

I walked through the back door to see JD, Parker, and Miles sitting on the couch watching a movie.

"Night guys." I waved to them.

"Night." They all chimed.

Cole's POV

There's something about this girl, I just can't put my finger on it. It's been bugging me since I laid eyes on her this morning, so I decided to go out to my favorite place, thinking the nice cool night air would help me clear my head. But as I was walking towards the gazebo, I saw the familiar blonde locks sitting there.

Of course she was out there.

I was tempted to turn back to the house, but my legs thought otherwise, leading me in the gazebo and sitting down.

After the minimalist amount of talking, she stood up and started walking away.

I decided to put her money where her mouth is and test her, but she surprised the hell out of me when she took control and pinned me down, and shocked me even more when she pulled her pocket knife out of no where.

"Night guys." Holland smiled and waved to the boys, her long hair swaying with every step she took.

I rolled my eyes at the way Parker looked at her.

Classic flirt.

"Goodnight Holland." They all smiled and waved back, and she walked upstairs.

I sat down on the couch next to them and they all looked at me.

"What?" I scoffed.

"You two were outside together?" Parker questioned, a smirk evident on his face.

"Yeah, so? I was having a smoke." I bit.

"You think she's hot." JD smirked.

"I just fucking met her."

"You're in denial, you've seen her many times before at the Briggs dinners." Miles smirked.

I groaned walking away when I realized this was going to be their new favorite pastime until it dies down.

Knowing them it never will.

*