Chapter Seven

Holland's POV

"We're leaving now." Miles yelled over the loud music.

I waited up for Cole, only to have him storm past me.

What the hell.

"Did you have a good time Hol?" Parker boomed, slightly drunk.

"Yeah." I smiled to him, feeling my heart pick up as Cole stared out the window, a cold look on his face.

"Bet you did." He mumbled bitterly.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I scoffed, turning around in the passenger seat to look at him.

"I think you already know that answer to
that." He bit.

"What are you talking about?"

"Go ask the asshole you-"

"Hey, both of you cool it. Settle it when we get home." Carter cut him off..

"I was just getting the popcorn ready back here!" JD fussed, drunk as well.

"Shut it." Cole growled, making JD's eyes widen.

When we got home I stormed into the kitchen,
still angry about the dispute with Cole.

"What are you looking for?" Carter sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"Alcohol, where's it at?" I spat.

"Okay. What the fuck is going on here?" Parker questioned.

"You should ask Cole." I smiled sarcastically. "He seems to be the one with a problem."

"Why doesn't he ask the guy you were dancing with at the club?" Cole growled.

"Funny thing is dancing is just dancing!" I yelled.

Carter, Parker, Miles, and JD all left the room, leaving Cole and I alone.

"How would you feel if I was grabbing up on some girl?" He bit back.

"It wasn't anything like that! You were talking to some whore anyways!"

"Why does it matter what I do?" Cole snapped.

"I could ask the same fucking thing." I snapped back.

"There was other guys you could've danced with." Cole growled.

"Like who? You? Cole I would've fucking danced with you if you came up to me! How am I supposed to know what you want if we don't communicate?" I scoffed.

"I'm not that kind of person! What do we need to communicate for anyhow huh?" Cole spat.

"If we don't know how to communicate then how are you supposed to know that I have feelings for you asshole?" I growled.

"Oh wait never fucking mind. You don't give two shits about me anyhow so this argument is pointless. So leave me the fuck alone!" I yelled and began to walk away.

Cole caught my wrist and spun me back around. Our bodies were touching and I could feel him breathing heavily.

"How do you know if I have feelings for you or not?" Cole exclaimed. "You don't know how I feel about you Holland."

His hands cupped my cheeks and I looked up at his eyes.

"No." I stated, pushing his hand off my face.
"You're not just going to insinuate that I'm a whore and then say you have feelings for me. I don't know what you're trying to do but I don't play games Cole."

I stalked past him out the back door, sitting down by the pool.

"That was quite a scene." Miles spoke, sitting down beside me.

"You're the last one I expected to give me a pep talk." I mumbled.

"I know we don't talk a lot, but that doesn't mean I don't like you." Miles reasoned, leaning back on his elbows.

"So tell me," He paused as he blew smoke out from his cigarette. "Do you really have feelings for Cole?"

"I wouldn't of announced that infront of everyone if I didn't." I scoffed. "Why?"

"No girl has ever tried to have romantic feelings for him, they were floozies who wanted his money. I think he doesn't know how to handle his feelings. I haven't seen him this pissed in awhile." Miles answered.

"What feelings? He clearly doesn't have any."

"He wouldn't be this pissed if he didn't care, Holland." Miles sighed.

"I'm going to bed, goodnight." I mumbled, walking away.

I walked back upstairs, into my room, shutting and locking my door. I walked into the bathroom, turning the shower on. I then plugged my phone into my speaker and let my music blast into the bathroom.

Discarding my clothes, I stepped into the steaming hot shower, letting the warmness consume me.

I mentally groaned when Pillowtalk by Zayn came on. I love this song but it holds a whole new meaning to me now.

Everytime I hear it I think back to the night Cole and I danced to it at Carter's parents party.

I immediately changed the song, letting the
shower relax me.

*