Chapter Twelve

Holland's POV

"So tonight we're going to a bonfire on the beach with a few of my old friends." JD announced, after he put baby Cameron down for his late afternoon nap.

"You guys are cute." Parker sighed dramatically, after I laid my head on Cole's shoulder.

"Kiss." JD chanted and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Shut up." Cole boomed.

I got up and went to find Leah, deciding to catch up with her with the little amount of time we had before we had to leave.

Around eight we all got ready to go to the beach for the bonfire.

"Are we all ready?" JD asked, as we all walked into the living room

Everyone muttered their 'yes's' and 'mhm's' , and we walked outside and to the cars.

"You look rather good looking tonight." I whispered into Cole's ear, as we arrived at the beach and got out.

He was wearing a fitted black shirt and athletic shorts, simple but yet he made it look so good.

"You look rather good looking always." Cole whispered back, his lips bruising against my ear.

I shivered and smirked up at him. He smirked down at me and kissed my cheek.

"Well look what the cat dragged in." A black haired boy smiled, standing up and hugging JD.

The guys greeted everyone and there were a few girls, but one in particular stood out. She kept glaring at me and I started to grow annoyed.

"Hey Coley, long time no see." The girl smirked, walking over to us.

Coley? Thats disgusting.

"Hello Brittney." Cole groaned.

"Hi I'm Brittney, Cole's ex-girlfriend." Brittney fake smiles at me.

That's not a title I'd want to flaunt around.

"Hi I'm Holland. Cole's girlfriend." I fake smiled back. Her face fell when I confirmed I was Cole's girlfriend.

"Well it was nice meeting you." I dismissed, smiling. Brittney walked away and one of JD's friends laughed as we sat on the sand around the bonfire.

"You got a feisty one there, aye Cole?" Jet, the black haired boy chuckled.

"You don't know the half of it man." Cole spoke, wrapping his arms around my waist since I was sitting in between his long legs.

"Is my feistiness a problem to you?" I asked dramatically.

"Not at all love." Cole assured.

"It is to me." Carter snipped.

Everyone laughed and I chuckled sarcastically.

"I thought you haven't dated anyone?" I genuinely questioned, looking up a Cole.

"I never asked her out. It was more of a fling." Cole assured, kissing my forehead.

"Why didn't you tell me your ex fling was here?" I questioned, nudging him in the ribs.

"I didn't know she would be here." Cole defended.

I glanced at Brittney who was on the other side of the fire. Her eyes were locked on Cole and I growled.

"Someone's got a jealous temper." Miles smirked.

"Jealous? What's their to be jealous of?" I questioned, rolling my eyes.

"Cocky." Miles commented.

"Confident." I winked, standing up and walking over to the cooler to get a drink.

I walked back over to my spot to see Britney back over there.

"Come dance with me Coley." She purred.

I waited for Cole's answer before I moved a muscle.

"I'll pass." Cole denied gruffly.

I sat back down in between his legs, his arms instantly reconnecting back around my waist.

"Oh come on, old times sake." Brittney batted her lashes.

"He doesn't dance." I muffled my laughter, while JD and Parker couldn't contain theirs, laughing out loud.

"Who asked you bitch?" Brittney squealed dramatically.

What did Cole ever see in her?

"You were a fling. He doesn't want to dance with you for 'old times sake'. They're old times for a reason." I dismissed.

JD and Parker being the immature little souls they were made the 'ooooo' sounds followed by a 'burn'.

She huffed and turned away, stomping back over to where she was to begin with.

"She is quite the handful." Carter mused.

"So is she." Cole smirked, gesturing to me.

"Believe me, I know." Carter agreed.

I huffed and Cole kissed my head.

"But you're a handful that I don't mind handling." Cole murmured, and I blushed.

"Cheesey ass." I mumbled, shoving him a little.

About two and a half hours later we decided it was time to go back. As we started walking away, I noticed I left my phone on the beach chair.

"I'll be right back, I left my phone." I announced, walking back to the smothered fire.

"Looking for this?" Brittney smirked slyly. I snatched my phone from her grasp and she smirked.

"Listen, I want you to stay away from Cole." She spoke lowly, getting closer to me.

"In your dreams." I scoffed. "I don't care what you want. Like I said, stay.. in .. the past."

"You may think that now, but now that he's seen me again after these years, he's going to grow bored of you." She purred, walking around me.

"First he'll start growing tired of you. Then he'll become distant and before you know it, boom. He's not yours anymore." She cooed.

Don't listen to her, she's lying. Cole wants me, only me.

I hope.

Brittney laughed to herself and walked away. I growled and walked back to the car.

"Did you get your phone?" Cole asked.

"Mhm." I mumbled, thinking about everything Brittney said.

Don't feed into it, she's just jealous.

*