Chapter Five

Holland's POV

"So, tell me about yourself. Honestly." I said as I rolled my window down. It was getting warmer outside in this early March time.

"What is it with you wanting me to talk about myself?" Cole questioned, one of his perfectly sculpted eyebrows arched.

"Conversation." I replied innocently.

"My middle name is Micheal. My favorite color is blue, I like dogs, and my favorite food is cookies." Cole answered emotionlessly and I laughed.

"Funny." I said sarcastically. He looked at me and chuckled a bit. "Hate to break it to you sunshine, but cookies are not a food."

"And neither is cherry pie." He countered.

"Touchè." I replied.

"If you want me to tell you more you have to earn it." Cole spoke, one hand out the window and the other on the wheel, his sunglass covered eyes focusing on the road.

"Well as you know, I have an older brother. I like to box. I-"

"Not the superficial shit." Cole cut me off, glancing at me briefly.

I sighed, looking out the window.

"My sophomore year of high school I started dating Max. That's when I discovered he was in a gang and learned more about other gangs around here. Though I never even knew my family had their own gang. We broke up because he cheated on me but I wasn't heartbroken, he treated me like shit."

I laughed, but nothing was really funny. "I don't know what else to tell you, sunshine." I shrugged, putting feet up on the dashboard.

"Don't call me sunshine."

"Why? I think it suits you." I smiled, knowing he was the complete opposite of sunshine. "I think I'm gonna stick with it."

"Whatever you say, princess." Cole sighed, his beautiful gray eyes still locked on the road.

I sat up and turned on the radio. Cole groaned when he heard the song and I smirked turning it up.

Cole's POV

She looked so beautiful, the way her hair flowed in the wind. The way she smiled and laughed made me smile. I don't understand it.

I don't want to be an open person that tells everyone their whole life story and how they feel every second of the day. And she doesn't seem to mind that for the most part. She doesn't try to pry me out of my comfort zone in a bad way, but she still tries.

Why does she want to know me?

"Is it too late now to say sorry?" Holland began signing to me with the intent to annoy, and I groaned causing her to smile widen.

"Cause I'm missing more than just of your body." She continued to sing, looking at me and winking at that last part.

God she's gorgeous.

I silently thanked the Gods above when we pulled into the parking lot of the market.

"Let's make this quick, I hate shopping." I ordered.

"Yes sir." She saluted, grabbing my hand and dragging me to the cart rack.

As soon as her delicate small fingers grabbed my hand, I felt weird, like warmth running through my body.

You're going insane.

Holland let go of my hand as she grabbed a cart, pushing it towards the entrance.