Chapter Fourteen

Holland's POV

It's been a little over a month since the bonfire, a little over a month since I've let some imbecile get into my head. But I'm starting to come around to the thought that Brittney wasn't lying.

Cole had seemed to grow bored of me, and in the last week or so, he seemed distant. Which is exactly what Brittney said would happen.

I've completely grown stressed over the whole thing to the point where I rarely come out of my bedroom.

Yes my bedroom, Cole and I don't even sleep in the same bed anymore.

Funny how all this started happening after he slept with me. I inwardly scoffed and walked out of my room and put my headphones in, ignoring everyone that tried to talk to me.

I headed to the gym room to work out, passing by the boys man cave, seeing three girls in there, wearing the minimalist amount of clothing possible, entertaining JD, Parker, and Cole.

I scoffed and walked outside breaking into a run, not caring if I'm breaking one of Carter's rules of being alone.

I looked up at the sky and saw rain clouds then looked at my attire, spandex, a light hoodie, running shoes. Fantastic.

I continued running for about forty more minutes when it started to rain. My mind was so unfocused that I ended up getting myself lost.

"Hey do you need some help?" I heard a deep voice call out. I turned around to see a boy around my age, maybe a little older, sitting in his all black Camaro, the passenger window rolled down. He had tanned skin with brown hair and hazel eyes. Cute.

"Do you really think I'm going to get into a car with a stranger?" I asked, popping out my headphones and quirking a brow.

"Well my fault for wanting to save a pretty girl from the rain." The guy chuckled.

I hesitated but slowly got into the car and muttered a thanks.

"You're not gonna kill me are you?" I questioned. The guy laughed and shook his head.

"How could anyone kill a pretty little lady like you." He joked and I chuckled.

"Can I atleast have your name, unless you want me to continue calling you 'creepy stranger guy'." I spoke.

"Creepy? You think I'm creepy?" He gasped, clutching his heart. "I am for one appalled."

I laughed, "Im Holland by the way."

"Pretty name for a pretty la-"

"If you don't stop your heart isn't going to be the only thing your clutching." I warned and he smirked.

"Feisty," he mumbled under his breath. "But I'm Connor, pleased to meet you."

I rolled my eyes and pulled my phone out, telling Connor the address to Carter's house.

"Thanks for the ride." I said getting out.

"Don't mention it." Connor smiled. "Catch you later sweet cheeks." He winked, and with that he sped off.

"Who was that?" Cole questioned, as soon as I stepped inside the doors.

"A friend." I lied, walking up the stairs.

"Why didn't you tell me you were going out? Let alone with another guy?"

Cole's jaw was clenched and I felt anger course through my veins the more he talked to me.

"I didn't think you'd notice actually." I replied through my gritted teeth. "You seemed to be entertained by another girl."

Cole's face softened as he attempted getting closer to me.